MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minnesota caching compared to IL caching

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cachinggrandpa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Minnesota caching compared to IL caching Reply with quote

Just thought I would let you know that Caching in Minnesota is much better than caching in IL. I have moved to the Pekin, IL area and most caches are placed along side the road as compared to the caches in Minnesota mostly in parks and forest.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Minnesota caching compared to IL caching Reply with quote

Cachinggrandpa wrote:
Just thought I would let you know that Caching in Minnesota is much better than caching in IL. I have moved to the Pekin, IL area and most caches are placed along side the road as compared to the caches in Minnesota mostly in parks and forest.

That's funny, my neighbor around the corner lived in Pekin, IL for a number of years. I have even found a cache or two there.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Florida to be like that. But it was at least partly due to lack of open, public parkland. We are spoiled here for sure both in terms of the foresight of the people who set aside (and preserve) all our open space and the dedication of hiders.

Not sure where Pekin is but if you get a chance to run up to the Chicago area I have found caching the Lagoons along the north shore to be pretty fun in my visits there. Various boat-only ones (there are kayak rentals in Glencoe/Winnetka on weekends), and a couple of creative hiders up there. Beam Me Up Scotty and Winnetka Springs are two of my all-time favorite caches that are there. Maybe if you sort by favorite points you can find some more that are worthwhile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: