MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ft. Snelling Trash out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Ft. Snelling Trash out Reply with quote

Are any details set yet for the 27th and the trash out event at Ft. Snelling? I might be down that weekend (from Northern Minnesota) and was wondering what the deal is. Thanks.... Razz
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a while to finally get a hold of somebody at the state park that can be of any help, but the event is still on, for the 27th at 10am. Where in the state park we'll clean up is still being decided--there are other groups who come in as well, and they want to make sure we'll have a place that still has litter on it when we go, and that we aren't picking up litter that someone else is scheduled to pick up in the near future.

I'll post what I have for an event cache page on the main site (I still need to run by and get some good coordinates)--but so far, we'll meet at 10am at the main entrance, go to our assigned area and clean it up, then meet at 4pm and either have a picnic at one of the shelters or go someplace nearby and eat, drink, and talk geocaching. We can pay boucoup bucks to reserve a shelter or take a chance on getting one first-come first served--that's why I have a plan B for afterwards. They'll also give us work permits for vehicles, as well.

Also, my contact, Mark, said that those in the Ft. Snelling admin that have looked for the virtual cache on Pike Island think it's a creative solution and like it.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The page has been up on the main site for a few days now--from the main page, click on the link for CITO events, and it's quite a ways down the list (lots of events in other states are planned for the 26th). The waypoint number is GCFB40, and they just transferred it from my personal account to the MnGCA account. Hope to see you there!!!
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also linked off of our main page. I updated it over the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: