MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log Of The Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
spatten26
Geocacher


Joined: 07 Aug 2011

Posts: 8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just got back from a trip to Texas, and hunted for this one while in San Antonio. We didn't actually find the cache, but this log was hilarious and had to be published.

Let me set the stage: The CO for this cache allows finders to be able to log 2 smileys. The cache is meant to be yoga-themed, so you get one smiley for finding the cache, and then if you post a picture of yourself doing a couple yoga poses at GZ you can get another smiley.

Yoga 101- GCNC4A


Quote:
Out on a solo run this morning,stopped to get this one,knowing from past logs that it has been under construction. Got GPS to GZ and called it found. Now for the second smiley, as I sait iI was solo today so i had to get creative. Took this picture of the new meter. This would be what it looked like if I were doing yoga.




First time I've ever seen someone claim two finds for not finding anything.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2440

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpmike found Trail of the Zodiac: Gemini (Traditional Cache) at 3/6/2012

Log Date: 3/6/2012

Interesting area. The coordinates were off a bit for us but after finding and seeing the cache condition we decided to replace. The lid is was chewed through. Practiced cito and with two heaping bag in the parking area now in my trunk. While put some of the trash in the trunk we found a subway bag that also consisted of the persons change. $4.18 to be exact. So for my son it really pays to clean up.

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://coord.info/GL7J8KVZ

Visit Trail of the Zodiac: Gemini

http://coord.info/GCWK2Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KRedEP
Geocacher


Joined: 03 Aug 2007

Posts: 784

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
This has to be the funniest string of logs I have ever read. The cache owner logs the FTF on his own cache.

the library

tears running down my cheeks!
I looked at this again and laughed even harder the second time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pfalstad
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Feb 2006

Posts: 1011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spatten26 wrote:
Quote:
Out on a solo run this morning,stopped to get this one,knowing from past logs that it has been under construction. Got GPS to GZ and called it found. Now for the second smiley, as I sait iI was solo today so i had to get creative. Took this picture of the new meter. This would be what it looked like if I were doing yoga.

Why'd he even bother to go to GZ, if it's going to cut corners that much?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2440

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Location: Minnesota, United States
ruderat found Willowsippi WMA (Traditional Cache) at 4/10/2012


Log Date: 4/10/2012

After arriving at GZ, I scanned the area and confirmed that this was in fact the correct swamp. It had all the tell tail signs of a KB hide. Specifically, it had grass and a swamp. Luckily, this has been a dry spring, so the swamp part was only damp. Well, there was the one spot, but I found that right away and knew not to step there with my other foot. Reviewing the cache page, I noticed the cache was published in 2005. KB showed me an old GPS once that only had two digits rather than three and I wondered if that is what he used for this hide. Well, after wandering around GZ for an hour, I was sure that it was. It had been over 600 days since this cache was last found and I wasn’t about to give up on this lonely little thing. I looked high, I looked low. I looked in the grass, in the trees, in the brush and the moss. Just when I was about to give up, I remembered something my father taught me, and his father taught him. Something so simple that finding the cache was easy after that. I signed the log and replaced the cache as found.

TFTC

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL7WQEAN

Visit Willowsippi WMA
http://coord.info/GCQGWK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KRedEP
Geocacher


Joined: 03 Aug 2007

Posts: 784

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Location: Minnesota, United States
ruderat found Willowsippi WMA (Traditional Cache) at 4/10/2012


Log Date: 4/10/2012

After arriving at GZ, I scanned the area and confirmed that this was in fact the correct swamp. It had all the tell tail signs of a KB hide. Specifically, it had grass and a swamp. Luckily, this has been a dry spring, so the swamp part was only damp. Well, there was the one spot, but I found that right away and knew not to step there with my other foot. Reviewing the cache page, I noticed the cache was published in 2005. KB showed me an old GPS once that only had two digits rather than three and I wondered if that is what he used for this hide. Well, after wandering around GZ for an hour, I was sure that it was. It had been over 600 days since this cache was last found and I wasn’t about to give up on this lonely little thing. I looked high, I looked low. I looked in the grass, in the trees, in the brush and the moss. Just when I was about to give up, I remembered something my father taught me, and his father taught him. Something so simple that finding the cache was easy after that. I signed the log and replaced the cache as found.

TFTC

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL7WQEAN

Visit Willowsippi WMA
http://coord.info/GCQGWK

some people definitely have a gift of writing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board


Joined: 22 Jun 2011

Posts: 237

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
This has to be the funniest string of logs I have ever read. The cache owner logs the FTF on his own cache.

the library


This one was recently archived, so it's only fitting that I put a replacement there so he can FTF it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Apr 2006

Posts: 3095

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigChiefS4 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
This has to be the funniest string of logs I have ever read. The cache owner logs the FTF on his own cache.

the library


This one was recently archived, so it's only fitting that I put a replacement there so he can FTF it.

And STF, and TTF....
_________________
"We never seek things for themselves-what we seek is the very seeking of things"-Pascal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KRedEP
Geocacher


Joined: 03 Aug 2007

Posts: 784

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
BigChiefS4 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
This has to be the funniest string of logs I have ever read. The cache owner logs the FTF on his own cache.

the library


This one was recently archived, so it's only fitting that I put a replacement there so he can FTF it.

And STF, and TTF....
this should be fun! Keep us posted!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2440

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharknose Bunnies found I-94 East Bound Rest Area (Big Spunk Lake) (Traditional Cache) at 4/24/2012

Log Date: 4/24/2012

In over 5,000 caches, I've never seen anything close to this. The log book is a 50-page notebook, and guess what? It's getting FULL! That's right, this cache is almost eight years old, and it still has the original logbook in it, in relatively good shape. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the oldest logbook currently in existence in the history of geocaching. Really.

Everyone should come see this logbook. (But bring a new logbook, as I had to write on the back cover of this one, and there are only a few more spaces before people start messing it up by writing in all the little empty spaces.) Run, don't walk. Thanks for the cache! (5123)

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL80GAK4

Visit I-94 East Bound Rest Area (Big Spunk Lake)
http://coord.info/GCG1ZX
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
pfalstad
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Feb 2006

Posts: 1011

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Location: California, United States
ctc128 found Mastermind (SD5) (Unknown Cache) at 5/1/2012

Log Date: 5/1/2012
Found this one about 7:00 A.M. on the last day of a week-long vacation in San Diego. Fun puzzle, vaguely reminiscent of GC11PYB. Beautiful location; I wish I hadn't been so pressed for time when I found it, but I had to get ready to go the airport. TNLN; TFTC.

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL82MV0G

Visit Mastermind (SD5)
http://coord.info/GC12V74

Profile for ctc128:
http://coord.info/PRNZRK


Location: Minnesota, United States
ctc128 found Mastermind (Unknown Cache) at 5/1/2012

Log Date: 5/1/2012
Found this one about 7:30 P.M., after returning from a week-long vacation in San Diego. I believe this is the first time that both Mastermind caches have been found on the same day, let alone by the same cacher. Both of them are in great locations, and I wish I'd had more time to spend in each of them. TNLN; TFTC.

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL82MV5V

Visit Mastermind
http://coord.info/GC11PYB

Profile for ctc128:
http://coord.info/PRNZRK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rustynails
Geocacher


Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Posts: 788

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this log for a cache on my watchlist. Laughing


Log Date: 5/8/2012
Found this one with my brother after a few minutes searching, and in an unexpected place too. Fun find, except for the tool who decided to stop and demanded several times to know what we were doing. If I wasn't on public property, during park hours and minding my own business, I would have probably let him know we were just geocaching. But since I was, I told him that my business was most certainly not his business and he was free to get lost. Then he said he was calling the police. I said, "Yes, most loyal soviet concerned-citizen comrade," though I wasn't entirely that polite and there might have been a couple other comments. After I didn't give this total imbecile whatever reaction he was expecting, probably a tear-filled confession of my imaginary illegal activities, he slowly drove away. I suppose he realized that he probably wasn't going to be on TV as a neighborhood savior. I can only imagine the story he's since spun in his head about the incident. Idiot. Fortunately, he wasn't around for the find or the replacement, so the cache should be safe. TFTC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mnfishnutz
Geocacher


Joined: 07 May 2009

Posts: 86

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool log we got today...
"Location: Minnesota, United States
***** found Five Phalanges to Fix Your Flute (Multi-cache) at 5/17/2012

Log Date: 5/17/2012
One to add to the Favorites here. On a lunchtime run with FoundintheWild (he had previously experienced this one) but he let me do the work and I do have to say, a cache with this type of special tool of the trade always makes me happy. Thanks for the good work here, MNFishntz. From one fishing-themed cacher to another, my fishing-hat is tipped to you!"


Neat log, and we loved the last part!
"From one fishing-themed cacher to another, my fishing-hat is tipped to you!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2440

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good-Boy found Hot Wax: Right Back Where We Started From (Letterbox Hybrid) at 7/1/2012

Log Date: 7/1/2012

TNLNSLRoad is better but still 4WD required…an ATV would be great.
Log loader trucks are using the road to a large clearing at the end.
Nice hike and hide

Found the cache but it had been ‘bumped/crunched’ by a huge tree skidder. The last log said “Ooops sorry” Brian the logger had entered a note…As luck would have it Brian had just loaded his truck and I had a chance to talk to him. I also hit him up for a ride out in his huge truck! What a fun trip, Good-Girl was in shock when I returned to the entrance in a log truck cab…Certainly a FAVORITE cache for the memories.

TFTC King Boreas
Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL8JQZW5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
timewellspent
Geocacher


Joined: 19 Mar 2008

Posts: 702

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Good-Boy found Hot Wax: Right Back Where We Started From (Letterbox Hybrid) at 7/1/2012

Log Date: 7/1/2012

TNLNSLRoad is better but still 4WD required…an ATV would be great.
Log loader trucks are using the road to a large clearing at the end.
Nice hike and hide

Found the cache but it had been ‘bumped/crunched’ by a huge tree skidder. The last log said “Ooops sorry” Brian the logger had entered a note…As luck would have it Brian had just loaded his truck and I had a chance to talk to him. I also hit him up for a ride out in his huge truck! What a fun trip, Good-Girl was in shock when I returned to the entrance in a log truck cab…Certainly a FAVORITE cache for the memories.

TFTC King Boreas
Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL8JQZW5


Love it!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.