MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GC2T2RB - Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdawgs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: GC2T2RB - Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=78b8d6ca-c707-4cc7-810d-9c01e036e8bb

I see the 2010 Gauntlet has been recommended, but no one has recommended the 2011, so I will.

This is a fantastic multi cache that the owner put an incredible amount of planning and work into. Each stage is a ton of fun and a few of them will really have you scratching your head. It does take some time (probably 3-4 hours) but well worth it. If you do not live near the area, it is worth a road trip. The only downside to finding a cache like this is that it makes most other caches kind of boring in comparison.

I have not done the 2010 Gaunlet yet, but am looking forward to that one(and hopefully the 2012 Gauntlet!).
jacknsue
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: 2012 Gauntlet Reply with quote

Gadawgs, I have done the first two stages, and I am looking for a partner to finish the Gauntlet with. Interested?
gdawgs
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proably not going to make it down that way for a while. Sometime in the spring I'd guess. PerfectFit and I were going to plan a day to pick up the 2010 gauntlet, but that's quite a ways out.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometime between flood season and nettle season in the spring would be optimal for G2010. : ) Or in the fall between nettle dieback and first snow.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, frozen with very little snow, would be perfect.
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did the first stage of 2010. Maybe we should finish it up soon. 2011 was nothing short of amazing!
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went down there this spring to do it. After all that rain. Hot. Humid. Mosquitoes. Lots of vegetation, and me very susceptible to poison ivy. I gave it a go, me, my old dog and young puppy. The puppy went for a drink in the river, slide down the bank into the water. I tried to fish him out, but the bank was greasy. Almost fell in myself. Grabbed his collar to pull him out. Collar came off. Set collar down and pulled him out by the scruff of the neck (it was either that or let him get washed downstream). Lost dogs collar and tags. Not long after that I gave up on the idea.

tl;dr: I'd love to give it another try, but not in the summer:)!
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like to give away any secrets, but early may is a perfect time to do that cache if you are a mushroom hunter. Check out my log.
Dahlia
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that a minor disturbance in the force has caused slight damage in stage five, so that a "7" seems to appear where there should be a "1". Thank you to jonsom for that info.

Last edited by Dahlia on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 am; edited 4 times in total
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went down there today with the kids to do Child's Play and conditions are PERFECT. We spent 5 hours running the Gauntlet and enjoying the beautiful park. No nettles and no bugs will make this extra fun for you! Take advantage of a flood-free early spring and get on down there. : )
Team Dennis
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a little late but we did 2011 on Sunday (3/18/12) and conditions were ideal. Maybe 1 or 2 places where there was a tiny bit of mud on the main trail. The rest was dry and PERFECT. Couldn't ask for a better day out there.
GeoStar Family
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GF and I did The Gauntlet yesterday, 3/24/12, and it was spectacular! Weather was absolutely perfect, almost no mud to be found, only a couple mosquitoes and a light breeze that came up late in the day when it warmed up. An amazing multi cache, to say the least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Recommended Caches All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: