MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Munzee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just tried looking for a couple of Munzees yesterday just to see what it was all about. We were fully prepared to dismiss it as just another passing thing but were surprised to find it actually a lot of fun. It is engaging and just different enough from geocaching to be refreshing. Kind of like Geocaching-lite really. No container, no swag and no log so muggles are easier to deal with but the hunt is still there. None of the ones we found were stickers in any way so they weren't defacing anything, although admittedly we haven't found a lot of them. We tried a few more today and yep, it's fun. Geocaching will always be our first love but Munzees seem like a nice diversion. Smile
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across one hanging in a tree today while DNFing a cache in St Paul.
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you're doing Munzee while you're caching would it be called munching?

I've seen it. Doesn't interest me. There's a ton of caches out there I've yet to find so I'm concentrating on those.
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our take on it was that if the Munzee promised to bring us to someplace interesting we'd look for it because that's why we enjoy caching, but if it was just a park and ride or Walmart parking lot we'd be apt to pass it up. The four or five we found were at points of interest so that was satisfying enough. Munzees might be like the new "virtuals" for us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: