MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-April 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-April 2012 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for April of 2012. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for April 2012 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (March 31st).
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Ho Ho Ho (Ha Ha Ha) by TR Was Here's Son. A lot of effort went into making this one; it was a fun puzzle; and the terrain was an adventure. I got more than I bargained for going after it on an FTF run, but it was a blast!
navychief98
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Cache of the Month Nomination - April 2012 Reply with quote

I would like to nominate the following geocache for April 2012:

White Haired Ladies with Large Daubers (Unknown/Puzzle/Mystery)
(GC1292B)

Owner: IBcrashen, Gonsolo & Roxy

IBcrashen's imagination is immeasureable. His body of knowledge that went into this geocache includes games, puzzles, initiative, multi-caching, and many other features to put this wonderful, amazing, and most outstanding treasure hunt together. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I loved this hunt!

Laughing
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Child's Play Reply with quote

I would like to nominate

GC2T2RB - Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play by seldon, if possible (I see it's been nominated before) but I really want to encourage people to try to get to Faribault and find this one in March or maybe April would still be good. I just found it today and conditions could not be more perfect - no nettles, no bugs, gorgeous river and cliffs, and this cache - words fail me! Kids and I had a 5 hour hiking extravaganza and each of the six stages was creative and took incredible work and care. Bring a picnic and have a great day!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Child's Play Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
I would like to nominate

GC2T2RB - Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play by seldon, if possible (I see it's been nominated before) but I really want to encourage people to try to get to Faribault and find this one in March or maybe April would still be good. I just found it today and conditions could not be more perfect - no nettles, no bugs, gorgeous river and cliffs, and this cache - words fail me! Kids and I had a 5 hour hiking extravaganza and each of the six stages was creative and took incredible work and care. Bring a picnic and have a great day!

This would be the third nomination and it already has a win. Shocked
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Child's Play Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
dornole wrote:
I would like to nominate

NO, it has not won.

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Child's Play Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
bflentje wrote:
dornole wrote:
I would like to nominate

NO, it has not won.

Hmm, I thought it did. I am not perfect Wink Perhaps Senses Census won.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I checked pretty carefully before nominating and yeah, Senses Census won but Child's Play has not.
accordiongal
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will nominate GC3BWY7 Puzzle Solving 101: Gimme Some OXYGEN!!!

Salsman created a puzzle solving tutorial that provides a wonderful introduction into solvong puzzles. Content is clearly written, provided links that all cachers need to add to bookmark lists.

Includes introductions to: The Coordinate String, Invisible Text, HTML Comments, Stylized Text, image manipulation, EXIF Data and Geotagging, QR codes, codes and cypers including Alphanumeric, Anagrams and Cryptograms, Caesar, Vinegere and additional Cipher, fonts, Number Bases.

Excellant resource for all geocachers.
jicknarson
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

accordiongal wrote:
I will nominate GC3BWY7 Puzzle Solving 101: Gimme Some OXYGEN!!!

Salsman created a puzzle solving tutorial that provides a wonderful introduction into solvong puzzles. Content is clearly written, provided links that all cachers need to add to bookmark lists.

Includes introductions to: The Coordinate String, Invisible Text, HTML Comments, Stylized Text, image manipulation, EXIF Data and Geotagging, QR codes, codes and cypers including Alphanumeric, Anagrams and Cryptograms, Caesar, Vinegere and additional Cipher, fonts, Number Bases.

Excellant resource for all geocachers.

Just checked this out - great idea!

Thanks for the instructions even I can understand, salsman, and thanks also to accordiongal for bringing it to my attention. This is well worthy of the nomination.
Diehard50248
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: The Vault Reply with quote

I would like to nominate "The Vault" by carxman. http://coord.info/GC2AHD4. The amount of engineering, programming, fabrication, execution, and sheer "awesomeness" stuffed into this cache is simply mind boggling. It's no wonder this cache is ranked 3rd on Minnesota's "favorite points" list. I was shocked to find out this one hasn't already been nominated for COTM. If you haven't found this one, do yourself a favor and get to Vadnais Heights sooner rather than later. Better yet, call up some friends and make the trek together. You won't be disappointed (and you'll be glad you brought a friend).
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Email...from dbeitz

I'm pretty new to caching, but I had heard about the MNGCA doing a cache of the month. Well, this morning I did the greatest cache ever and would like to nominate it if I can. The cache is GC3BNZG - The Troublemaking Spy. It was just published yesterday (3/15/2012). It was far and away the greatest cache I have ever seen. It is a multicache in Oakdale. As you can read on the cache page, it is about a treasure left by Doc Addison for his young friends Caroline and Andrew. The craftsmanship by Diehard50248 is amazing. So much time and thought put into this. Only 6 people have done it to this point, and each one has made it a favorite.

The Troublemaking Spy

Last edited by Draconisdax on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Team Dennis
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Troublemaking Spy, The Vault and Gauntlet 2011 - Child's Play all in the same COTM competition? Having done all 3 in the past week I can tell you every one is worthy of a win. It will be very interesting to see how this one goes!
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Via Email...from dbeitz

I'm pretty new to caching, but I had heard about the MNGCA doing a cache of the month. Well, this morning I did the greatest cache ever and would like to nominate it if I can. The cache is GC3BNZG - The Troublemaking Spy. It was just published yesterday (3/15/2012). It was far and away the greatest cache I have ever seen. It is a multicache in Oakdale. As you can read on the cache page, it is about a treasure left by Doc Addison for his young friends Caroline and Andrew. The craftsmanship by Diehard50248 is amazing. So much time and thought put into this. Only 6 people have done it to this point, and each one has made it a favorite.

The Troublemaking Spy

I came here to nominate this cache as well, but it seems like it already has been. To date, 22 for 22 on favorite points. It is one of the most creative multis I have ever done, and the construction of the stages was superb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: