MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When is a find a FTF?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why LTF always works (latest to find)

All my finds are LTF Cool
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

What the dog said.. the first dog that is, oh, and the second dog too.

+1
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: When is a find a FTF? Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
bflentje wrote:

BTW, how do you all feel about group FTF's? Not sure where I stand as an on-again-off-again FTF hound wannabe.
Sometimes I claim them, sometimes I don't, depending on how I feel at the time, and the circumstances.

Why would you not claim group FTF's?? Smile
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST11 wrote:

I thought LTF was "last to find" as in the last person to find it because they are picking up a cache for the owner so it can be archived.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: When is a find a FTF? Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
bflentje wrote:

BTW, how do you all feel about group FTF's? Not sure where I stand as an on-again-off-again FTF hound wannabe.
Sometimes I claim them, sometimes I don't, depending on how I feel at the time, and the circumstances.

The ones I'm thinking of off hand are the all day FTF's that are tied to an event. Anyone who finds it all day gets the FTF. I don't remember if I've claimed them or not - maybe did. They just don't feel like an FTF. I am also hit and miss on sharing an FTF on a tribute. Sometimes I do, often I don't.
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know when Iím FTF and I know when Iím not. If there was a cache prize, I'd play a whole lot different. There's not, so I'll just keep doing it for the socializing.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:

I thought LTF was "last to find" as in the last person to find it because they are picking up a cache for the owner so it can be archived.

That's "bad form"

It shows that the CO is lazy, or unable to maintain caches.

Rolling Eyes
I Spy.
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: When is a find a FTF? Reply with quote

minnstars wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I'm not much of a hound anymore, but I enjoy sharing FTF as long as everyone arrives at GZ about the same time and the log is unsigned. In the case of a WNC arranged so everyone can claim FTF on a new cache or caches, I have also done this on several occasions and think this is a fun tradition. If it is a tribute cache however, like a 1,000 finds cache, I usually don't claim FTF, but I don't see anything wrong with this if the CO and person for whom the tribute is for agree.

Arriving at GZ at about the same time is an important but subtle point. I know we've heard of situations where a cacher has missed an FTF by a few minutes while in other cases a FTF was kept open waiting for others to arrive. I lean toward the middle ground, but probably only because I'm more interested in the FTF party and beer following the find. Very Happy
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: When is a find a FTF? Reply with quote

I Spy. wrote:
minnstars wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I'm not much of a hound anymore, but I enjoy sharing FTF as long as everyone arrives at GZ about the same time and the log is unsigned. In the case of a WNC arranged so everyone can claim FTF on a new cache or caches, I have also done this on several occasions and think this is a fun tradition. If it is a tribute cache however, like a 1,000 finds cache, I usually don't claim FTF, but I don't see anything wrong with this if the CO and person for whom the tribute is for agree.

Arriving at GZ at about the same time is an important but subtle point. I know we've heard of situations where a cacher has missed an FTF by a few minutes while in other cases a FTF was kept open waiting for others to arrive. I lean toward the middle ground, but probably only because I'm more interested in the FTF party and beer following the find. Very Happy

Wait ... party and beer? I may have to rethink my aversion to FTFs.
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely going for more FTFs in I Spy.'s territory now. Razz
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: When is a find a FTF? Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
bflentje wrote:

The ones I'm thinking of off hand are the all day FTF's that are tied to an event. Anyone who finds it all day gets the FTF.

Group FTF's are strange but still ok with me. If you weren't in the group? That would get you eyerolls for sure..
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: When is a find a FTF? Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
pfalstad wrote:

The ones I'm thinking of off hand are the all day FTF's that are tied to an event. Anyone who finds it all day gets the FTF. I don't remember if I've claimed them or not - maybe did. They just don't feel like an FTF.

I haven't heard of those. I can see why they don't feel like a legitimate FTF, cause they're not. Smile

BTW I just want to emphasize what I said earlier, that finds definitely do not count as FTF's unless they're post-publication.. Wink
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I agree with aspects of every single prior post, especially the dogs and my fellow BS39er! Wink
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get lucky enough to find a cache before it gets published, I'll claim an FTF, but I usually label them Pre-Publication FTFs. I'd have no problem with the first person finding it after publication claiming a Post-Publication FTF as well.

I got one of the Baker Road caches the other day where I was the third person to find it Pre-Publication. That was funny. I opened the log thinking it would be blank, but Qwerty and DoubleMoose had found it on different days before I got there.
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
ST11 wrote:

Perhaps NFTF would work then (not first to find)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: