MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 goals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
My goal is to try to stay ahead of BigChiefS4. It's going well so far, but I'm afraid once his broken ankle heals he will start catching up quickly again!

Well, you've jinxed yourself now!

Well, I'm up by about 1400 right now, so he has quite a bit of work to do to catch up

I'm betting his goal is to catch you! Smile
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
My goal is to try to stay ahead of BigChiefS4. It's going well so far, but I'm afraid once his broken ankle heals he will start catching up quickly again!

Well, I'm up by about 1400 right now, so he has quite a bit of work to do to catch up

We'll have to do another numbers run one of these days!

Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure once he hears about this that he will be even more motivated to catch up.

1/18/2012 tonkaMN 2,375 - BigChiefS4 1,002 = differential 1,372
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my goals are those of spatten26's:

1) Have fun and get lost.

Some of our BEST cache finds have been while getting lost to other caches. Of course, before the OTAK event this past Fall, we really hadn't gotten lost all that much...since then...well.... Embarassed

2) Grab finds in 12 new states

Ambitious, yes...but with an upcoming trip to Texas in Feb. and another one to Missouri in May...we can easily apply goal #1 to this goal and achieve this. Of course, there are always those "unknown" things, and we might end at 10 or 11...but ya know...the whole "have fun" part is more important than the number part.

3) Reach 365 finds during the year

The MOST frustrating part about last year, was that we ended close to 10 down for find #400...and add about another 15 finds to THAT, and we would have had 365 finds for the year (and earning the great 1 find per day). Some averages are meant to be broken...for us, sadly, we got mocked. That WILL be corrected this year. Laughing

4) Place a few more caches

As if YOU hadn't had that thought roaming around. We have already found a home for one in a neighboring town...had to archive one in another town...and hope to have one in another state (maintained by family)...but that one may never happen. We are in the midst of thinking out a new series for the Albert Lea area...be forewarned (evil laugh). Twisted Evil

5) Hold a few more events, and attend a few more

After the three (yes three) events we held last year went off really well, we realized we had a blast! Not only hosting, but meeting other cachers. We realized our area is "Event Deficient" somewhere along the line, and have tried our best to hold more of them. We have two planned to be held within the next month...but one of them is more of a meet and greet type event. And if there is anything better than hosting on our own turf, it is hosting on someone else's turf...we shall see if we can't manage that one again...South of here (WAY South). Attending events are even better..but that is just my lowly opinion...and I am rambling.

6) My personal goal...LOG MY FINDS!!

I have this horrible habit of making some awesome finds, jotting down which ones have been found (even tho the GPS keeps track for me), and then spatten takes all the time on the computer logging...thus I forget. Then we head BACK out...jot MORE finds down...and forget once more. My profile on GC has me at 311 finds...I am actually around 385. My challenges are up to date....LOL!!! [/b]
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
Goals for 2011 were to make progress on the D/T grid, and complete the Golden Valley Challenge. Both complete.

For 2012 -
finish the D/T grid; hopefully early in the year,
Complete at least 1000 caches for the year,
Complete Finds for Each Day of the Year Grid,
Maintain or Increase the Average Difficulty (1.9) and Average Terrain (1.76) score. (this will be tough),
Not increase the Longest Slump (currently 11 days)
Archive and replace many of our caches.
Complete a total of 100 Virtual caches (not sure how we'll do this! currently at 86)
Emphasize less traditional caches: Letterboxes, webcam, CITO, Earth, Multi, Puzzle

Update: We finished the D/T grid...twice; a week after finishing, the rating was changed on one of our found caches that created a hole, so we found another cache and now it is filled again.
Current Average Difficulty (1.91), Average Terrain (1.77)
navychief98
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to hit 750 by the end of summer (say, October at latest)
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:

Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure once he hears about this that he will be even more motivated to catch up.

He's gaining on me

2/21/2012 tonkaMN 2,548 - BigChiefS4 1,307 = differential 1,241
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:

He's gaining on me

2/21/2012 tonkaMN 2,548 - BigChiefS4 1,307 = differential 1,241

And he is gimpy? You need to pick up your game! Very Happy
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
And he is gimpy? You need to pick up your game! Very Happy

Yeah, that worries me a lot!
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 goals? Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
I saw a post on FB about 2011 geocaching goals, and I was curious if anyone has any goals for 2012? Mine is to fill up my D/T grid!

My goal is simple. Enjoy searching caches, seeing new places, typing out experiences, getting excercise, and learning new things through this game all through the year as much as I do today.
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:

Yep, you're screwed now. I found your secret goal!

The difference now is 2644 - 1467 = 1177

My goals are to do 366 days in a row and find at least 200 caches every month this year.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigChiefS4 wrote:
Yep, you're screwed now. I found your secret goal!

I was wondering how long it would take for you to see this. I can't believe it took as long as it did.
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't visit here very often...I guess I had better visit more so I can see what y'all are saying about me!
minnstars
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m late to post to this board, but I have always tried setting some caching goals at the start of each year to help stay motivated. About time I get them documented:
1> Qualify for and log Sparky’s Meta challenge by finding more than 100 challenge caches.- Done!
(This is not to be confused with “Geocaching Challenges” where my long term goal is to make sure I find “0”) Wink
2> Find my 1,000th puzzle cache and then issue a challenge for all the other cachers in MN who soon will be doing the same. Then log KB’s 10 Centuries your way Challenge. – Done!
3> Plan at least one long weekend road trip to do some serious power caching with friends. -Trip to SD = Done!
4> Log at least 1,000 caches this year and along the way make my 10,000 find, but be in no particular hurry to get there. Done! Very Happy
5>After getting to 1K for 2012 go log Good Boys 4,000 Club and KB’s challenge of 100 centuries. Just need to go get them.
6> Focus on more quality over quantity hides including more puzzles, multi’s and higher difficulty traditionals. Also try to create more caches that have a historical theme or are located at historical locations. - Need to finish my History Matters Series!
7> Complete my D/T grid and then log the Blackout Challenge and Geocaching Black Belt Challenge. –Three grid spots left. One easy one two harder ones.
8> Focus more on quality over quantity of finds, which would include caches with high favorite points, multi’s and the oldest caches in the state. I am hoping to qualify a log the: Finds by Placed Month Challenge, Multicache Madness: Alphabet Challenge and maybe the Minnesota Challenge: Dozen Oldest Active and Minnesota Challenge: Lucky Thirteen (Road trip to Lake Superior required for the last two). – Need to get going!

Last edited by minnstars on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnstars wrote:
5> Focus on more quality over quantity hides including more puzzles, multi’s and higher difficulty traditionals. Also try to create more caches that have a historical theme or are located at historical locations. - 9 new puzzles published since the first of the year including 3 in me new history series. Cool

Well done sir! Very Happy
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
bflentje wrote:
- Take the world record in webcam finds, 2nd place is just not acceptable.

Sounds cool! You're probably around 6th now. Here's the leaderboard (but it's not a complete list of all geocachers):

http://boulter.com/geocaching/leaders/?groupID=3&sort=webcamFound

I am now 5th and I'll be 4th this time come April. Coming into the 2nd place spot this year will be a reality. Ever making first will require another year of road cruising.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: