MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - February 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for February 2012?
GC2T2RB: Gauntlet 2011 – Child’s Play
38%
 38%  [ 28 ]
GC2HT5W: The Guardian Final – A Night Cache
47%
 47%  [ 34 ]
GC397WG: Tons Of Sex
13%
 13%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 72

Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - February 2012 Reply with quote

Your nominations for February 2012 Cache of the Month are:

Multi Cache Icon GC2T2RB: Gauntlet 2011 – Child’s Play By seldon
Nominated By: King Boreas
You know what it is. If you don't, read the logs. Go to this cache now, today, soon. I doubt there will ever be a better time to do this one. Start a rumor that you're going, and a dozen will show up. From the Cache Page: “Many cachers say they are not in it for the numbers. Here's a chance to prove it. One smiley, a lot of effort; you will remember this one. So, what say you - local cachers, those from outlying areas, Twin Cities, wherever - it's out there, waiting....”

Mystery Cache Icon GC2HT5W: The Guardian Final – A Night Cache By diehard50248
Nominated By: KRedEP
We found this cache as well as a few other well done night caches in Woodbury New Year's Eve. This cache is actually part of a Guardian series where you need to find three traditional caches first and "make" a key to get the final coords to find the start of this night cache. The method of making the key, we have never seen done before and thought it very creative. The final itself is a traditional night cache, and is very well done with tacs that are easy to see and close together, so they guide you through a great night walk in a nice park. The CO even thoughtfully provided tacs AFTER the cache, to help you find your way out. A very enjoyable series of caches that the whole family will enjoy.

Regular Cache Icon GC397WG: Tons Of Sex By 3fortner
Nominated By: sparkyfry
It's just a well designed urban cache, and one of the best first caches hidden that I've seen. I went looking for it incredibly unsure what to expect based on the name, but it turns out it's totally family friendly and the name is just a pun based on the history of the area. I fear the name might be scaring some people off, so I thought a COTM nomination might act as a counterbalance. I hope to see many more from 3fortner!

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations diehard50248!!!

The February 2012 Cache of the Month is GC2HT5W: The Guardian Final – A Night Cache
Mystery Cache Icon GC2HT5W: The Guardian Final – A Night Cache By diehard50248
Nominated By: KRedEP
We found this cache as well as a few other well done night caches in Woodbury New Year's Eve. This cache is actually part of a Guardian series where you need to find three traditional caches first and "make" a key to get the final coords to find the start of this night cache. The method of making the key, we have never seen done before and thought it very creative. The final itself is a traditional night cache, and is very well done with tacs that are easy to see and close together, so they guide you through a great night walk in a nice park. The CO even thoughtfully provided tacs AFTER the cache, to help you find your way out. A very enjoyable series of caches that the whole family will enjoy.

I will post as an article on the front page...once have a chance...

Any other words of congratulations are welcome in this thread as well.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations diehard50248!!!

The February 2012 Cache of the Month is GC2HT5W: The Guardian Final – A Night Cache

Any other words of congratulations are welcome in this thread as well.
Congratulations diehard50248. We're glad others enjoyed it as much as we did!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: