MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Feb 22, 7:30 PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCC322
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be there.
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on caching but probably won't be able to continue on to Cowboy Jack's - need to pick up GS Cookies in W. Bloomington after caching.
TECGeoJim
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there for the caching and probably not for the food.
Copaman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was kind of crazy out there, and I didn't get a chance to tell you all, but I really, really am thankful for all of you coming out to join me tonight.

This past year of geocaching has been one of the best years of my life. The friends I've made caching are among my closest. Every time I head out on the geo-trail, I always hope I run into fellow cachers.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your support and assistance and company and just plain having fun. When I tell people that geocaching is using a GPS to look for hidden caches, they don't get it. But it's the other part - the camaraderie, the friendship, the fun - it's that part that I can't describe, that you can't understand unless you've been there. And that's the part I love most of all.

So thank you all for making my night so special for my son and me. We both had a blast out there. I hope to see you all again soon out on the geo-trail!

BTW, for anyone who wants to know how I got my name, I posted a link on my geocaching profile. Now you will know the secret of the "Copaman"... Smile
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kinda hoping to hear you belt out that tune last night...
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Rusty for hosting WNC and for keeping us all pointed in the right direction. There was some good natured ribbing but of course it was all in fun and we appreciate all that was put into this great tribute night. I can second what Copaman said about meeting great friends through caching and that being part of the caching enjoyment.

Wish we could have done the food after. I'm sure it was great fun. Next time.

Congrats to Copaman on your huge milestone. It was fun to meet your sidekick and he was a great help at finding that silver can. It was also nice to have epsdoc join us too and find his tribute cache.
Copaman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigChiefS4 wrote:
I was kinda hoping to hear you belt out that tune last night...

If I didn't have Alex with me, I would have stuck around and done it.

We'll have to plan another WNC afterparty at Cowboy Jacks on a Wednesday night when they do karaoke. Plus, if we plan it accordingly, you guys could all bring your earplugs. You'll need them! Very Happy
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for hosting, Rusty. It was a great night. Sorry I couldn't join everyone at Cowby Jacks.

It has bee great getting to know you this year, Copaman. I have enjoyed caching with you. I wouldn't have missed this night for the world. I agree, geocachers are the best and I am so glad that I got mixed up with this crazy, fun, caring group of people. You couldn't find a better group of folks to hang out with on a Wednesday night.
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copaman wrote:
We'll have to plan another WNC afterparty at Cowboy Jacks on a Wednesday night when they do karaoke. Plus, if we plan it accordingly, you guys could all bring your earplugs. You'll need them! Very Happy

Rumor has it there's going to be one on 3/14.

Thanks for hosting Rusty! It was a great night.

I have a suggestion for your field puzzle - since you can't really have a GeoChecker, put a note in the cache that when they have the final solution correct, it will be X number of feet away from the final. That will be a quick way to field-check their solution.
ThePurplePuppy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun night everyone! Did anyone take a picture of the bear TB I put in EPdocs cache? I forgot to write down the TB number when I took it out of the cache in my front yard last night so I can't seem to log it. Thanks! Michelle
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigChiefS4 wrote:
Copaman wrote:

Rumor has it there's going to be one on 3/14.

Thanks for hosting Rusty! It was a great night.

I have a suggestion for your field puzzle - since you can't really have a GeoChecker, put a note in the cache that when they have the final solution correct, it will be X number of feet away from the final. That will be a quick way to field-check their solution.

If they have to guess itís probably wrong. If the solution makes logical sense itís correct. TecGeojim was able to figure it out. Itís easy if you donít over think it. I did add a hint to the cache page. Plus there are hints if you study the puzzle.
Copaman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePurplePuppy wrote:
Fun night everyone! Did anyone take a picture of the bear TB I put in EPdocs cache? I forgot to write down the TB number when I took it out of the cache in my front yard last night so I can't seem to log it. Thanks! Michelle

I looked for a tag on it, but I couldn't find it. I took a picture of what I thought was the TB number, but it was actually the cache number where it originated.

I'll be back in the area today, and if I find the tracking number, I'll pass it along.
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great evening! Congrats, Copaman on 1000 finds. I totally agree with what your said about camaraderie. I love that this is a multi-generational activity. I have met so many great people, discovered new places, and have been to virtuals which made me laugh or some which brought tears to my eyes. If Mom were still alive & I told her I was going on trips with people and the only names I knew at the time were their geocaching handles, she'd think I was crazy & living dangerously. As we know, cachers are some of the best people in the world! I had a great time at Cowboy Jack's & enjoyed the food. Great service! I'm glad I was able to make that after making the GS cookie run. Thanks, rustynails for hosting another great WNC!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: