MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MNGCA Fall Meeting: October 27th, 2004 - 6:45pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I checked, the population centroid for MN was 1/3 of the way between Rogers and Albertville, at 45.12.647, -93.34.980.

It turns out that this location is only a few yards from both I-94 and "Hassan Park".

I suggest Hassan Park as the permanent location for all board meetings.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that I was the only one that knew you'd come up with something like that, rickrich. Nice photo!
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any interest from people out in loneeagleville?

There would be. But right now it would most certainly have to be on a saturday. I have been putting in like CRAZY hours at work. We have one guy that just had Gastric bypass surgery a couple of days ago. I have been (will be) putting 13-14 hour days, 6 days a week for probably the next month or so, until he is able to come back to work. Don't even have time right now to do any semi-local caching. I spend Saturday evenings and Sundays just trying to get bills, clothes washed and such. Kind of caotic right now.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't like the chapter idea because we can't seem to hold one group together, much less 3-6 sub groups. If we had more regional posting I would support regional chapters but I just don't see a need.
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
If we had more regional posting I would support regional chapters but I just don't see a need.

true -- most of the activity is in the central and south metro - there is significantly less cache activity north of 694 Confused except Duluth area - which might be able to support a chapter of their own (or even a separate association of their own) if they include surrounding areas. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unable to attend.

I had every intention to attend this event. However, I now find that I will be in Pax River, MD during this fine gathering.

So for the purpose of any voting that may arrise at the event.

Silent Bob has my proxy vote. Please honor this request.

Thanks, Arctic
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...another person that could get a lucky spot on the board for not showing up....
Wink
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Kitch"...another person that could get a lucky spot on the board for not showing up....
Wink

That may be true. Then 15T and I would have a set of bylaws inacted without a vote. Dictatorships rule right? Twisted Evil
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to work, so I won't be at the meeting--also, I will not be running for a third term as a board member for a myriad of reasons, but two key reasons are time constraints and a need to get some new blood on the board. I'll also second arcticabn's nomination of SB for the board.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.navicache.com/cgi-bin/db/displaycache2.pl?CacheID=5516

Elections Rehash Bash--- (an official GS event)
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
I have to work, so I won't be at the meeting--also, I will not be running for a third term as a board member for a myriad of reasons, but two key reasons are time constraints and a need to get some new blood on the board. I'll also second arcticabn's nomination of SB for the board.

I didn't nominate SB for anything. I gave him my proxy vote. That means that he can vote for me. In other words SB has two votes.

If I were to nominate SB for anything it would be "Entertainment Director." Primarily for him ability to get either a Getting Sauced Event or a Wednesday Night Caching Event started.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the job descriptions of each of the positions that're up for grabs? I've been on the board of the astronomy club I belong to, and am running for an open board member at large position there. I think the job mainly entails showing up at board meetings and nodding my head every now and then to indicate that I'm listening. Smile
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzygirl wrote:
I think the job mainly entails showing up at board meetings and nodding my head every now and then to indicate that I'm listening. Smile

Well, I know you're kidding but unfortunately it seems that that's what SOME of the most recent board members of the MNGCA felt as well. I hope that someone is at least mildly interested in the current activities AND the future of the organization.

Last year's elections were more like "hey, we have spots and no one wants to do it, so will you?" I am praying that we have a group of individuals that will be a bit more interested than that.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am pretty new to this sport (and the sport itself is pretty new) but have always been the type of person that is more interested in DOING something that just DECIDING to do something... then that "something" never seems to get done. That is frustrating to me. I guess that is part of the nature of volunteerism, but nevertheless, when I am interested in something, I like to share it with others, and get the word out as much as I can, in whatever way I can, even if it's a small way. I've never considered myself a leader of anything, I am much more of an interested participant in a group that has some sort of idea of where it wants to go, but sometimes that definition is in and of itself a tricky thing.
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, where do most of you plan to park when you arrive at MW Mountaineering? I am trying to decide if I should just walk there from work, or if there is street parking that isn't too difficult to find (it's about a mile from where I park to MW Mountaineering).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: