MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Northern MN/WI caching group name?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be noted that the Sunday Morning Cachers and Urban Explorers disbanded after its one and only meeting. Wink
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
It should be noted that the Sunday Morning Cachers and Urban Explorers disbanded after its one and only meeting. Wink

There was a meeting of Urban Explorers and I missed it? Crying or Very sad
NeverSummer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
I wouldn't have a problem with some sort of nickname for the cachers in the northern area. If it would be used to publicize social events, such as a breakfast, would anyone be able to use the name or just certain people? How does it happen elsewhere as far as the Wednesday night group in the cities? For example, does one person organize where to go each week, or is it a group effort?

Feel free to use "Gitche Gathering" if you like. I'll recycle it too, I'm sure. If it works for you to use, why not? Very Happy
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverSummer wrote:
Feel free to use "Gitche Gathering" if you like.

I like that one. How about "Gitchee Groupies"?
NeverSummer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJnTJ wrote:
NeverSummer wrote:
Feel free to use "Gitche Gathering" if you like.

I like that one. How about "Gitchee Groupies"?

We can keep having "Gitchee Gatherings," and eventually figure out who the "Gitchee Groupies" are! Laughing
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spd2662 wrote:
Also, our last event got kicked back by MN Fruitcake because we mentioned Arby's in it but his hint gives the business name and address....hmmm.

Seriously?

GC38T5M: I don't have a copy of the old hint, but I know from the reviewer note I left that he used Arby's slogan in the hint. Event pages can have the business name and address, and perhaps a word or two about what they serve (coffee, etc), but that's it. The cache was still published on the same day (IIRC, within a few minutes of the hint being removed).

If you're going to question the review of a particular cache page, at least give me the courtesy of explaining it before you go off accusing me.

Quote:
I'm sure this has nothing to do with him being able to get an event posted with a business name in it when we don't.

My goal in publishing (in general as well as this instance) is to be as consistent as possible. If you're not happy with it, please feel free to take it up with Groundspeak or via email. This isn't the place for it.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting too far off topic, I'm locking this thread down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: