MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X-Country Skiing and Geocaching
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
dornole wrote:
I did see a log from tonkamn on the cache but she could still have field logged it and fallent thru the ice on the way out.

He's still alive. Says the ice is safe!

Yay! Ted's alive and well and will be able to enjoy the holidays with his family! We had our fingers crossed for your safe return Ted!

I was so worried I couldn't stand it!
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
dornole wrote:
I did see a log from tonkamn on the cache but she could still have field logged it and fallent thru the ice on the way out.

He's still alive. Says the ice is safe!

Yay! Ted's alive and well and will be able to enjoy the holidays with his family! We had our fingers crossed for your safe return Ted!

I was so worried I couldn't stand it!

RedDevil was the only one to text me to ask if I was okay. I guess I know who my friend is Very Happy
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:

RedDevil was the only one to text me to ask if I was okay. I guess I know who my friend is Very Happy

I figured you're phone wouldn't work if it was wet. Glad to hear you're ok. Really!!
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
A-body wrote:
These new caches you speak of in William O Brien SP. You're saying they are only available in the winter, and only if there is snow on the ground. What about summer? Seems senseless to have caches only available for short periods of time.

I believe they are on XC ski (only) trails - the only way to access them in the snow is to ski to them - you can't walk on the trails in the snow.

This is exactly true! This comes up every year. You have to watch out for groomed ski trails, even on state forest land.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Is the ice really thick enough yet?

Not for rustynails: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=c86d0e53-45d7-499e-a889-36dae187e70b
And he kept caching?

Yep, had to get the last one.

I just found out the other night at WNC that my story made the forums. Some say itís a work of fiction or is it a true story Wink ? Be careful out there, with the unusual warm weather the ice is not as thick as you might find it this time of year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: