MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View only pocket query on map

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: View only pocket query on map Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to only view the caches from a pocket query on the map?
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your PQ's (www.geocaching.com/pocket). Click on the PQ in question, as if to edit it. Go to the bottom of the page and submit it. The resulting page will have a link to "Map this location". This will show you all the caches like you are used to seeing, except the ones in your PQ will have a "lightning bolt" icon instead of the normal icon.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also click the map icon in your list of pocket queries. But I think what WSD means (and I find it really annoying too) is that we want to see only the caches in that pocket query. Not all caches and then caches from the pocket query identified with a lightning bolt. Anyone know how to do that?
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to hop into the wayback machine and go on the WGA site to find a reply I made last July on a similar question.

Here is the way to see it the old way and the thread on GC dealing with the want to see it like that again.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=274785&st=0&p=4749026&hl=pocket%20query%20beta%20map&fromsearch=1&#entry4749026

And here is the direct link to the comment with the workaround method:

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=274785&view=findpost&p=4738510

I hope that's what you are looking for.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
You can also click the map icon in your list of pocket queries. But I think what WSD means (and I find it really annoying too) is that we want to see only the caches in that pocket query. Not all caches and then caches from the pocket query identified with a lightning bolt. Anyone know how to do that?

Exactly right. I want to only see the ones from the PQ, not all them.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got a Garmin, there's a good chance that you have software that a GPX file will load into. Any MapSource mapping product from Garmin will take in a GPX file, U.S. Topo, City Nav, etc.

I use it regularly to plan all of my road trips.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just playing around with the "new" map on gc.com there is a section on the left side that says "Layers" you can select a PQ from there, they showed up as a lightning bolt looking thing on the map, then I just went down and started deselecting cache types and they would disappear from the map just leaving the PQ results on the map by themselves. Don't know if that is what you're looking for...
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
Just playing around with the "new" map on gc.com there is a section on the left side that says "Layers" you can select a PQ from there, they showed up as a lightning bolt looking thing on the map, then I just went down and started deselecting cache types and they would disappear from the map just leaving the PQ results on the map by themselves. Don't know if that is what you're looking for...

Deselecting cache types kind of works and you're left with just the lightning bolt icons but nothing to click on to view the cache.

The workaround that kc9gbo found works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: