MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breakfast Buddies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks LoneEagle!

Breakfast Buddies for December has been published!

Breakfast Buddies - Lakeville
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ideas catch on with others. I know one member of UTAG hs been to a Breakfast Buddies and was impressed by the turnout and fun everyone was having. http://coord.info/GC37549
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnesotabrad wrote:
Good ideas catch on with others. I know one member of UTAG hs been to a Breakfast Buddies and was impressed by the turnout and fun everyone was having. http://coord.info/GC37549

Well so much for copyrighting it and trying to make some money off of the idea...
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
Well so much for copyrighting it and trying to make some money off of the idea...

I believe that would be Centris' idea to copyright.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for Breakfast locations and/or pizza locations in Grand Marais and Two Harbors. I'd prefer to have breakfast in Grand Marais and pizza that night in Two Harbors so cachers that want to attend both can work their way toward Duluth at the end of the day. I've been working on this for a few months and mentioned it to a few people but haven't really found anything definitive. This would be on a holiday weekend. Any suggestions?
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
Looking for Breakfast locations and/or pizza locations in Grand Marais and Two Harbors. I'd prefer to have breakfast in Grand Marais and pizza that night in Two Harbors so cachers that want to attend both can work their way toward Duluth at the end of the day. I've been working on this for a few months and mentioned it to a few people but haven't really found anything definitive. This would be on a holiday weekend. Any suggestions?

I don't know Grand Marais very well, but if you are doing it in the summer months I'll throw a unique Breakfast idea out. Looking at a map it looks like there is a nearby park in the harbor area where people could stop at the World's Best Donuts, grab some to go then head to the park. (And if you didn't want donuts bring whatever you want) I don't think it is an official park, but there looks to be a decent sized parking lot just south of the donut place towards the water with some sort of green space right against the water.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:

Ask them:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=General+Ludd+and+the+Techie
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are good ideas. I've a few different ideas in mind and I'm waiting for them to gel. One is that there will be a new state park series by then and depending on how it plays out (since last I heard it was going to involve the trails system) it might be a good way and time to grab those up there. I'm not too big on Grand Marais itself because there are very few caches there so very few cachers. Not a big location anyway but a starting point. The goal is to bring an event to where there is a collection of cachers. My original city along with Two Harbors was somewhere different. Still playing with all the options and what weather, bugs, etc. will be then.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted about tonight's pizza event on the 2 facebook pages for the mngca and have received questions even before today about where the prizes come from for the drawings we have at mngca events. It was being questioned about whether the mngca provides them out of organizational funds. Other than the spring and fall events, the prizes for drawings at breakfast buddy events and pizza events are donated. Some ARE donated by the mngca such as coins/cachekinz, and logo items like the cache container stickers. All others are donated by cachers that give them to me at the event or primarily by myself from things I pick up here and there. In the time that I have been hosting the events your fundraiser donations have not been used on prizes.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perkin's Family Restaurant
1155 West Broadway
Forest Lake, MN 55025
651-464-3270
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more to ponder and hopefully General Ludd, or Sundewtech can add to the list. The Blue Water Cafe is probably the most popular restaurant in Grand Marais (breakfast wise) but can be busy with locals, seats about 35 to 40. We just ate lunch there on Sunday, wish I would have seen this thread earlier, I could have asked some questions. There is also the Harbour Inn which has a cafe but not sure of the seating capacity. Java Moose is another busy place, but that is coffee and muffins and cookies. The Cascade Restaurant would be the better choice as far as space, and still only 12 minutes give or take from Grand Marais. It is located right at the Cascades State Park.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter-Killer wrote:
Here are a few more to ponder and hopefully General Ludd, or Sundewtech can add to the list. The Blue Water Cafe is probably the most popular restaurant in Grand Marais (breakfast wise) but can be busy with locals, seats about 35 to 40. We just ate lunch there on Sunday, wish I would have seen this thread earlier, I could have asked some questions. There is also the Harbour Inn which has a cafe but not sure of the seating capacity. Java Moose is another busy place, but that is coffee and muffins and cookies. The Cascade Restaurant would be the better choice as far as space, and still only 12 minutes give or take from Grand Marais. It is located right at the Cascades State Park.

Thanks for the info. I got some intel as well regarding The Pie Place. They're known for their pies and great home cookin'!
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for help! Any suggestions for a great breakfast spot that can handle a small crowd in Cloquet?

Also, looking for a good pizza joint in Two Harbors. Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: