MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enabling caches for publication

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Enabling caches for publication Reply with quote

It's probably important to note that last month the little box to "enable listing" on the cache hide form, which used to be checked by default when you submitted a new listing, is no longer checked by default.

When you submit a new listing, you need to make sure that it's enabled. If the cache isn't enabled then I won't see it, no matter how long you wait.

The easiest way to know if it's enabled is to look at your cache page. It will say near the top (between the cache name and coordinates) if it's not enabled: "The reviewers will not see this listing until you enable it."
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Enabling caches for publication Reply with quote

MN.Fruitcake wrote:
the little box to "enable listing" on the cache hide form, which used to be checked by default when you submitted a new listing, is no longer available

You have to post an "enable" log.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Enabling caches for publication Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
MN.Fruitcake wrote:
the little box to "enable listing" on the cache hide form, which used to be checked by default when you submitted a new listing, is no longer available

It's right below the box for the coordinates (the box with the map).
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a couple people that it snuck up on and they waited and waited for their caches to publish. After emailing the Wis. reviewer they were informed of the change.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Enabling caches for publication Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
King Boreas wrote:
MN.Fruitcake wrote:

It's right below the box for the coordinates (the box with the map).

You are correct, sir. Sorry ...
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new way. +1 for change!
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharknose Bunnies wrote:

I found it odd, though, that they made that change without notifying anybody. It wasn't in release notes, for sure. I learned about it from a Groundspeak forum post when a user asked about it, and after several other posts, a reviewer finally came in with the answer.
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knowschad wrote:
Sharknose Bunnies wrote:

I found it odd, though, that they made that change without notifying anybody. It wasn't in release notes, for sure. I learned about it from a Groundspeak forum post when a user asked about it, and after several other posts, a reviewer finally came in with the answer.

Those goofy IT people are all like that. You know how bikers have that logo "Live to Ride" well IT people have one that says "Live to Upgrade" Wink
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knowschad wrote:
Sharknose Bunnies wrote:

They probably ran out of space in the weekly bulletin because it was taken up by announcements about Geocaching Challenges.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: