MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocaching contest in Olmsted County

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazzmn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Geocaching contest in Olmsted County Reply with quote

Trying to get the word out that Olmsted County Public Health is sponsoring a Geocaching Challenge as a way to get people out enjoying the many trails in the area. Find 1 to 8 caches in the series and register for the grand prize drawing. Prizes include a Garmin Dakota, iPod Nano, Canon camera and sporting good certificate. Details here
https://sites.google.com/site/trailstotreasure
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, prizes for finding geocaches.

I hope that the award and prize system goes a lot better than the Great River Road Comimission's annual contest. Between Norvina and myself, we won prizes for 4 out of 10 states. We only actually recieved prizes for three states and one of those we had to beg for.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

I hope that the award and prize system goes a lot better than the Great River Road Comimission's annual contest. Between Norvina and myself, we won prizes for 4 out of 10 states. We only actually recieved prizes for three states and one of those we had to beg for.

Why didn't you receive them?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
bflentje wrote:

We got three of the four we won. But of the three, two we had to call and call and beg. The fourth one we never did get.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed the Olmsted County challenge yesterday. Markedly easier than completing the Great River Road Challenge Wink
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
timewellspent wrote:
bflentje wrote:

We got three of the four we won. But of the three, two we had to call and call and beg. The fourth one we never did get.

But was there a reason they weren't sending you the 3rd/4th? Why did you have to beg etc.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Interesting. There was a GRR contest for 2011 too. The minimum finds was for two states. I happen to have qyalifying finds for MN and IA and got my form faxed tonight with 45 minutes to spare. Deadline was by end of Labor Day (today).

Perhaps I might get lucky again.

2011 Great River Road Geocaching Event

Last edited by bflentje on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
bflentje wrote:
timewellspent wrote:
bflentje wrote:

But was there a reason they weren't sending you the 3rd/4th? Why did you have to beg etc.

The contest was sponsored by the Great River Road Association, which is nothing more than a Chamber of Commerce type of organization for the river states. Once the contest was over and they did the drawings, the GRRA left the actual awards up to the members from each state. I suspect some of them had no earthly idea why they'd have to put together a prize package and send it to some schmuk in Rosemount, MN.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
timewellspent wrote:
bflentje wrote:
timewellspent wrote:
bflentje wrote:

The contest was sponsored by the Great River Road Association, which is nothing more than a Chamber of Commerce type of organization for the river states. Once the contest was over and they did the drawings, the GRRA left the actual awards up to the members from each state. I suspect some of them had no earthly idea why they'd have to put together a prize package and send it to some schmuk in Rosemount, MN.

LOL, I see. So what did you end up receiving as your prize from the 3 that did pay up?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET. My 7 year old daughter Laura got an email today saying that she was one of the winners. Not sure what she won yet.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never sent in my card...
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNREAL, my eldest daughter won as well. Knowing there were over 1100 submissions, the odds calculate to be about 1 in 19,000 that any two random people would win a prize.

Laura won an iPod Nano.
Molly won a 26" adult bike.

I won 8 extra geocache finds. Wink
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
UNREAL, my eldest daughter won as well. Knowing there were over 1100 submissions, the odds calculate to be about 1 in 19,000 that any two random people would win a prize.

Laura won an iPod Nano.
Molly won a 26" adult bike.

I won 8 extra geocache finds. Wink

AWESOME!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: