MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stats and souvenirs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Stats and souvenirs Reply with quote

One nice thing about the groundspeak survey was learning that I actually have all kinds of stats associated with my account through them which I didn't know (I never got going with cacherstats). Now I can do that days of the year challenge. Whoo hoo!

I also discovered that my mysterious "souvenir" from somewhere in Germany where I have never been has been erased. Glitch? Bizarre hack? Anyway it's gone and those of you on this board who insisted I must have cached in Germany and forgotten somehow -- I feel vindicated.

Anyway if you haven't checked out your stats check it out.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Stats and souvenirs Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
One nice thing about the groundspeak survey was learning that I actually have all kinds of stats associated with my account through them which I didn't know (I never got going with cacherstats). Now I can do that days of the year challenge. Whoo hoo!

I also discovered that my mysterious "souvenir" from somewhere in Germany where I have never been has been erased. Glitch? Bizarre hack? Anyway it's gone and those of you on this board who insisted I must have cached in Germany and forgotten somehow -- I feel vindicated.

Did you ever find a moving cache???

I have one moving cache and my State Souvenir changes if the cache's location changes...I currently have california because of it!!!
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Stats and souvenirs Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
dornole wrote:

Did you ever find a moving cache???

I have one moving cache and my State Souvenir changes if the cache's location changes...I currently have california because of it!!!

I heard of one that moves in a specific area but none that move to different states. How is this posible? Please tell me more?
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Stats and souvenirs Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:

I heard of one that moves in a specific area but none that move to different states. How is this posible? Please tell me more?

They used to allow it, but don't anymore - old ones are grandfathered in. There was one at MOGA last year, but I never did walk over to the guy to sign the log...
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many are in danger of being archived because they have turned into packet caches at events...

Sure, the one I found was during an event...but it was not in the hands of a cacher, it was hidden nearby and they moved later...

The one on my watchlist:
http://coord.info/GC1965
-I was a couple days late for getting this one in my first month of caching...hope to see it get close enough sometime for me to nab it...

The one I have found:
http://coord.info/GC6ADF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: