MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting October 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
msteffel
Geocacher


Joined: 15 Jun 2007

Posts: 415

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Accepting October 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Nominations for October 2011 Cache of the Month are now open (from now till end of day on September 30th). For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post with the caches name and what made it so special that you want to nominate it for Cache of the Month!

Kids are going back to school, it will probably start cooling down and people start going back to their 'normal' routines... but don't forget if you find CotM worthy cache, nominate it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aix sponsa
Geocacher


Joined: 08 Dec 2008

Posts: 146

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Cache of the Month - October 2011 Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate MN LPC Series - jicknarson; GCQY20Y. I know that this is a lamppost cache but it is not what you are expecting. The design went far above anything else that I have seen in this type of a cache or many other caches of any kind. It is definitely a must see and find!

In addition, the location is very helpful to anyone coming into the area. The nearby building houses the Iron Range Tourism Bureau. The IRTB occupies spaces #117 and #118 in the building located at 111 Station 44 Road in Eveleth. The office hours remain the same of Monday-Friday, 8AM to 5PM. The bureau is also open to visitors in need of travel information while in the area.
_________________
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mazzmn
Geocacher


Joined: 31 Aug 2008

Posts: 18

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Mike for Cache of the Month http://coord.info/GC2R2DK Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Bobcam's cache called Mike http://coord.info/GC2R2DK
for cache of the month. This one cache is in the middle of a 30+ cache, excellently done, power trail. Mike is on a fairly new bike trail, you can start from the Zumbrota Covered bridge park and head out through a canopy of trees, even one bridge on the trail is a covered bridge. (look for one of Minnesota's older caches on this trail as well). Great cords, lots of ammo cans and an all around super job setting this up. Thanks Bobcam!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
salsman
Geocacher


Joined: 29 Dec 2008

Posts: 32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate "Jumping Jak" (GC2R2VH) by Jaklimber for cache of the month.

Us SE MN caches are spoiled when it comes to *anything* Jaklimber. All of his caches are well planned out and executed. Each unique in there own way. Different, it seems, from any other cache out there.

On a night when I had the pleasure of finding 8 of his caches -- where any one of them could stand alone as cache of the month, this one stood head and shoulders above them all. It's simple, elegant, and guaranteed to put a smile on your face. I can't say more without giving away the surprise, but it's the *only* cache I've found where I got clobbered in the head with a rake ... then went back in for more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4033

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Mike for Cache of the Month http://coord.info/GC2R2DK Reply with quote

mazzmn wrote:
I'd like to nominate Bobcam's cache called Mike http://coord.info/GC2R2DK
for cache of the month. This one cache is in the middle of a 30+ cache, excellently done, power trail. Mike is on a fairly new bike trail, you can start from the Zumbrota Covered bridge park and head out through a canopy of trees, even one bridge on the trail is a covered bridge. (look for one of Minnesota's older caches on this trail as well). Great cords, lots of ammo cans and an all around super job setting this up. Thanks Bobcam!


Found it last weekend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
A-body
Geocacher


Joined: 26 Jun 2009

Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Under Lock and Key GC33X68 by Seldon. It is a well done winter friendly traditional with a twist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
msteffel
Geocacher


Joined: 15 Jun 2007

Posts: 415

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-body wrote:
I'd like to nominate Under Lock and Key GC33X68 by Seldon. It is a well done winter friendly traditional with a twist.


Since this came in after the October nominations were closed, I'm moving this to the November CotM nominations. Sorry I was a bit delayed in putting up November nominations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prov1748
Geocacher


Joined: 24 Oct 2011

Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Cache of the Month October 2011 Reply with quote

This is my first message for MnGCA so I want it to be a good one. I would like to nominate an exceptional cache for Cache of the Month recognition. The Cache is: "Jumping Jak" GC2RVH

All of Jaklimber's caches are excellent, and this one is no different. A unique hide - container, access, and creativity. This is the type of hide that I like to bring newbees to just to hook them on the fun and excitement of geocaching. This hide will make even the most experienced cacher smile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 13 Apr 2006

Posts: 1944

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Cache of the Month October 2011 Reply with quote

prov1748 wrote:
This is my first message for MnGCA so I want it to be a good one. I would like to nominate an exceptional cache for Cache of the Month recognition. The Cache is: "Jumping Jak" GC2RVH

All of Jaklimber's caches are excellent, and this one is no different. A unique hide - container, access, and creativity. This is the type of hide that I like to bring newbees to just to hook them on the fun and excitement of geocaching. This hide will make even the most experienced cacher smile.


This has already been nominated by Salsman. Be sure to vote for it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Draconisdax
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Nov 2007

Posts: 982

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Cache of the Month October 2011 Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
prov1748 wrote:
This is my first message for MnGCA so I want it to be a good one. I would like to nominate an exceptional cache for Cache of the Month recognition. The Cache is: "Jumping Jak" GC2RVH

All of Jaklimber's caches are excellent, and this one is no different. A unique hide - container, access, and creativity. This is the type of hide that I like to bring newbees to just to hook them on the fun and excitement of geocaching. This hide will make even the most experienced cacher smile.


This has already been nominated by Salsman. Be sure to vote for it!

Vote Here: http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6284
_________________
You may only be young once...but I will be immature forever!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prov1748
Geocacher


Joined: 24 Oct 2011

Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Archer, this is my first time on this site so still feeling my way around. I finally got the right spot to vote. Thanks for the help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.