MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rain Snow or Shine Cache Dash...Albert Lea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Rain Snow or Shine Cache Dash...Albert Lea Reply with quote

Calling all cachers!!!

We (spatten26 and I) are running our first ever hard core event...in November!!! It is geared to attract ALL cachers, and all of the caches will be winter friendly...so if it snows, you can still find them! I have heard tell that one of the cache containers was recently won at the Fall 2011 Event... Laughing

I was told to post the info here, so I am. I would REALLY love seeing some of you guys from instate down here (barring any blizzards), as well as some of you outstate cachers. At last check, we were still the only event running in Minnesota that day...Very Happy

The Rain Snow or Shine event will be tons of fun...with food. It is kid friendly, puppy friendly, and well...you will just have to be here to find out Smile[/code]
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard core, maybe. KB's Winter Cache Bash which happens every January was about -20 degrees BZ three seasons ago. Now that was hard core.
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so excited to have a reply I'm giddy!

Ok. In all seriousness, "hard core" is in reference to the fact this is an event event, rather than a meet and greet event (which we held back in july). You could always come down and join us!!!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's be nice to get back in that area since I have relatives in the area but it's not likely for me. I am booked for the next three weekends.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the event when it was posted - sounds like a blast, but the niece turns one that day. She probably won't remember if we are there, but my sister-in-law will!
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a "bump" as it were to remind people of the upcoming Cache Dash in Albert Lea. So far it looks like the weather will be cooperating with us, which I am pumped about (hey..it lets more people come participate).

Unfortunately, someone decided they needed to do a CITO event on the same day...up towards Duluth. While that is awesome, it means we are no longer the only event in Minnesota. Bummer, but hey..I am helping out the other guys by announcing it here, right??? SmileSmile

If you can't make it down due to birthdays, and distance, and such, that is fine. I am officially putting a plug in here for another event to be held in Feb down here. More info will be posted as soon as THIS event is done (and my mind has returned). Hope to see some of you guys down here on the 12th Smile
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are awaiting the "big day" with our breath held and fingers (and toes) crossed. So far, all looks good to go! Caches are all in, camo-ed, and ready to be placed. The weather has decided to be gracious enough to snow BEFORE the event...and stay warm enough that it will all melt away anyway. As of NOW, the weather forcast for this area has held true with it being sunny with a high of close to 50...in short-a be-a-utiful day for caching!!! Also, with this being a hunting weekend, ALL of the caches will be safe from hunters...so no need to worry about orange attire. If you have a hankering to cache in the State Park while you are here, you SHOULD be safe there as well...as the hunting weekend at Myre Big Island is after Thanksgiving. If we have any other updates, I will post them here.

**We WILL have a place for TB exchanges. We will also have a bin for battery recycling.

**We are running this event as an ALL DAY event. If you can only come for part, feel free to stop by home base (where we will be present from 8a-approx 4p"ish") at HyVee, or at the food (where we will set up around 4:30ish till ???) located at the Pizza Ranch. We will have the log with us the entire time, so if you only have time to pop in to sign, grab one or two easy caches, then boogie on, you can still get credit for the event.

Hope to see you guys on the trail Smile
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great event! Everything was very well thought out, organized, executed and everyone had a great time. With almost 50 attendees, it was a real boost to the Albert Lea area as there aren't a lot of cachers in the area for some reason! Mrs. MNMizzou, mini-mnmizzou and I didn't arrive for the early start but were still able to find all but 2 of the event caches while still grabbing several others along the way. I hope this becomes an annual so you all can make a point to attend as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: