MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Way Far off
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's the other thing, I end up DNFing my own caches as they are re-hid so tough I can't find them to do maintenance. Surprised

Personally I welcome any info regarding cache coordinates and one can average out the claims to make the searching more reasonable.
I like people to find the caches and am not one of those evil persons who put nano's disguised as stones in gravel pits Twisted Evil

Last edited by ST11 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Brooklyn51
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST11 wrote:
Yes that's the other thing, I end up DNGing my own caches as they are re-hid so tough I can't find them to do maintenance. Surprised :

Ha! That's happened to us!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I come across "bad coordinates", I merely state that my GPS showed GZ to be a bit off. I never accuse a hider of bad coordinates unless they're blatantly off. A cache hidden 120' away from GZ is different, like the one hidden a few miles east of my home Wink That one should be archived.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
If I come across "bad coordinates", I merely state that my GPS showed GZ to be a bit off. I never accuse a hider of bad coordinates unless they're blatantly off. A cache hidden 120' away from GZ is different, like the one hidden a few miles east of my home Wink That one should be archived.

I found one like that in St. Augustine, FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: