MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I love GSAK and MFILTER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: I love GSAK and MFILTER Reply with quote

Finally started playing around with GSAK macros and the mfilters.

Was able to create a MFILTER that will identify the caches what will help me fill in both my finds by placed date for the calendar challenge and my D/T grid so I get double bang for my buck when I am trying to decide where to cache.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSAK is a nice program I just gotta learn it...
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: I love GSAK and MFILTER Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
Finally started playing around with GSAK macros and the mfilters.

Was able to create a MFILTER that will identify the caches what will help me fill in both my finds by placed date for the calendar challenge and my D/T grid so I get double bang for my buck when I am trying to decide where to cache.

I keep encouraging folks to generate articles for the website to show others... Smile
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down on this end of the state/region I have been getting loads of questions on different ways to use GSAK to the point I think I may have to hold an event on it. I'm no expert but everyone seems to be inquiring of me what to do with it. I'd love to see some articles on it so I can put together a show for folks.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing you can do to learn GSAK is to get past the anxiety of all the bells and whistles and just start snooping around.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
The best thing you can do to learn GSAK is to get past the anxiety of all the bells and whistles and just start snooping around.

Agreed...I was nervous and timid at first... Laughing Wink

I still don't use GSAK to even half of its potential, but, it is still a useful program for many things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: