MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duluth News Tribune article

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Duluth News Tribune article Reply with quote

DNT article

I don't know how long the URL stays active - should be 7 days at least I would think.

I haven't noticed this in print yet - it may show up in Sunday's paper (or I may have missed it in Saturday's paper). Or it may not show up at all.

Overall I was happy with it, being what it could have been. EskoClimber did a good job I believe on taking the reporter (and I think there was a photographer) around to IBCrashen's cache.

The cache in question is gone now (naturally). In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best to begin with. Hindsight is always 20-20, isn't it?

And, with most things you read in the paper, there's always a little more to the story than what's in print. It's probably easier just left that way.

I showed it to a co-worker to get his reaction to the article - is it good or bad for us? He thought it was good overall (and followed up by asking me a number of caching questions).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the link with us. Pretty good article too. Considering the "Bong bridge incident", the article was a lot more positive than many.

Thanks to EskoClimber for working with the reporter.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing it in print today I am very pleased. The article is on the front page of one of the inside sections (Outdoors?). It takes up a large portion of the first page and follows into the second page taking up quite a bit of space. There are a number of photographs which all turned out well. They also included a couple of sidebars - one of EskoClimber's 5 favorite caches (actually there's 6 there but no one's counting) and another sidebar of some geocaching basics. Very nice indeed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pear head,

Could you get the full article with the pics and all? It would be fun to see the article as it appears in the paper. Thanks,
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just archived a cache because of the article.....
Crying or Very sad Confused
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
I just archived a cache because of the article.....

Well, your cache wasn't quite as bad as CAG's out in the middle of the bridge in Hastings. At least there was a good sized divider and a "safe" walking area. I didn't feel quite as uncomfortable poking around on that bridge (as you could always claim you were enjoying the view of Ft. Snelling or something) as I did doing CAG's cache which had no physical barrier and didn't have a good sized walking area.

One of my more famous run ins with law enforcement came while I was poking around a bridge searching for a cache.

Ahhh, the joys.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe knows how to get to the cache:

Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the moon hits your eye
Like a big pizza pie
That's aMOEra
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story, until I read the dreaded "Geomuggles" term.
ACK!

For once, Id like to rad a story that doesn't toss that in.....It just makes me cringe-
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't look at all suspicious, does it? Just normal summertime fun on an October morning, right?[/img]
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
Could you get the full article with the pics and all? It would be fun to see the article as it appears in the paper. Thanks,

I agree that it would be nice although it would probably get me or someone else in some hot water over copyright issues...

What you're missing is what sells papers I guess..
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last couple of weeks I've seen four new cachers that registered after the article and have hit my caches or a couple that are on my watch list. Sounds positive... One mentions the article in his/her bio as getting them started. I would guess that there are a couple of others that are caching now that haven't hit any of my caches yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Media Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: