MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stainless Steel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Stainless Steel Reply with quote

Now that I have the room for it I'd like to expand my homebrewing area. I could list the things I could use but that would get technical and long so I'll just say this:

If you run across anything shiny, I might be interested!

Okay, maybe that wasn't enough. Things like mulit-basin free-standing stainless sink, soup kitchen kettle, industrial dishmachine. . .

I'm schrounging here so I'm looking for bigger "I used to be in a restaurant kitchen" or "I used to be in a small winery" sort of items. See it in a dumpster or in the woods? Might do the trick.

I'm hoping to hear that someone has an uncle who owns a bar that is getting torn down or something like that. You know, if you can haul it away it's yours.

Otherwise I have to pony up for smaller items that cost A LOT that I may outgrow someday.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the kind of stuff you are looking for?

Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Steel Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Now that I have the room for it I'd like to expand my homebrewing area.

Watch out -- expand your operation TOO far and your house may become the permanent "Get Sauced" destination Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Steel Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
If you run across anything shiny, I might be interested!

The back of my head is off limits!
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have anything you ask for, but when you upgrade, are you going to have a 5 gallon glass carboy available to sell? I'm happy sticking to my primitive method of brewing, but I can brew more often if I had another secondary fermenter. Right now, I've just advanced to trying some of my own recipes rather than buying the boxed kits--I just mixed and matched a few IPA recipes and just finished brewing that.

Specialty Grain--1 lb. Simpson's Medium Crystal Malt

Fermentables--6 lbs. Pale LME, 3.3 lbs. Amber LME

Hops--1 oz. Willamette (60 min.), 1 oz. Kent Goldings (15 min.), 1 oz. Kent Goldings (5 min.)

Yeast--Wyeast #1026: British Cask Ale

Original Gravity--1.066

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to dry hop another 1 oz. of Kent Goldings when I rack to secondary--I thought the box kit for IPA that Northern Brewer sells was too hoppy, and I like hoppy beer. I'll see how it tastes when I rack. I'll let you know in about 2 months how my recipe works out.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
I don't have anything you ask for, but when you upgrade, are you going to have a 5 gallon glass carboy available to sell?

Probably two!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: