MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Penturen Church GCKN93
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where has this thread gone? The topic is COMPLETELY different than when it started.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:
Where has this thread gone? The topic is COMPLETELY different than when it started.

Uh, no. The thread is and has always been about the Penturen Church.

Quote:
Doing this cache in the summer you should have no problem driving your toy car In the winter, don't try it. I'll have to go back and read my post to see how much I exaggerated. One thing is for sure, it's very remote but very cool.

I did it in the summer, but I can only imagine how hard it would be in the winter if you had to snowshoe. I'm wondering how well it would work on a snowmobile...

The painting that I took a picture of (linked earlier) had me wondering how neat it would look in the winter with some fresh snow.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it to the church earlier this summer (but didn't find the cache). Very cool area, but I was glad I had the truck. If you take the drive slowly (which I don't) you should be fine in a car as long as it isn't too wet. It can be very muddy on those roads. And make sure you have plenty of daylight before you set out. There aren't any roadsigns out there!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My visit
crazyred65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going for this one on sunday will let you all know if we find it of not and let you know on road's are like too.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
My visit

I see my link above is broken since I moved my site. Here is a working link to my adventure..

My Visit
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazyred65 wrote:
We are going for this one on sunday will let you all know if we find it of not and let you know on road's are like too.

Good luck.
crazyred65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we tried but never made it road was covered in water and I know the road's out there not safe will try next sunday . we still had a great day out caching found 24 more that day . up by Warroad .
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazyred65 wrote:
we tried but never made it road was covered in water and I know the road's out there not safe will try next sunday . we still had a great day out caching found 24 more that day . up by Warroad .

This cache still rates pretty high on my list of neat places to go. I certainly wouldn't want to get stuck out there though!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
crazyred65 wrote:

This cache still rates pretty high on my list of neat places to go. I certainly wouldn't want to get stuck out there though!

When I was there there was no cell signal for miles in each direction.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went after this one after a severe thunder storm. Getting out of your vehicle a lot to clear fallen timber and debris in the middle of the woods...on your own...creepy...but I made it!
crazyred65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well made it out to the church today after work , road's were good . The only way in is the east side road in . We didn't find the cache we looked until almost dark , spooky out there with out no cell and no flash light's . Going back on Sunday to try it with more help and day light too.
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This cache looks really interesting. I was planning on doing Alvin's phone line this summer and so maybe this would be one to drive to after. I'm going to keep a watch on it and see if it does get found prior to making the drive though.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
This cache looks really interesting. I was planning on doing Alvin's phone line this summer and so maybe this would be one to drive to after. I'm going to keep a watch on it and see if it does get found prior to making the drive though.

It's not about finding the container or logging the smiley that makes this one neat for me, it's about visiting the location.

That said, this one is one heck of a drive for you.
dmnrec
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
dmnrec wrote:

It's not about finding the container or logging the smiley that makes this one neat for me, it's about visiting the location.

That said, this one is one heck of a drive for you.

True, very true. Would probably do it on the same trip as Alvin's whether or not it seems to be mia just to check out the area. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: