MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I give up ... they'll NEVER meet their goal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: very close ... Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=47978

erik88l-r retrieved mtn-man travelin' compass (Travel Bug Dog Tag) from North GA BBQ and Bonfire at 10/2/2004

Log Date: 10/2/2004
The TB is in Georgia now, but now we have to get it to mtn-man. I guess I'll have to find a suitable mountain cache......
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to contact the cache owner adn ask if my bug is still in it- and if they could move it out- or I contact the last person to have it and tell them I give them 2 weeks to drop it- if they don't, I just go in and grab it and then we bouth some metal tree tags, and I just write the number on it and cloned travelbug and buy another figure and send it out againl I am on my 3rd Dala horse Tbug- that one can't seem to get into the swing- howeverI do have bugs with over 10,000 miles on them. I find that once they get to Europe, they are taken care of quite well and moved on. I just bought 10 more to se out.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that putting a card with the bug to further explain how TBs work and what the goal is helps--I released Rabid Rabbit back when I was new and naive and didn't think figuring out how travel bugs work was rocket science--that's the main reason I wanted to grab it when it was in the area, and I changed it's goal as soon as it got to the area so it would stay in the area, but that didn't work because I never got a chance to grab it and attach a card. Kind of a catch-22, I guess.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe no goal is best ?

This guy has been traveling for 2-1/2 years, has spent a LOT of time in Germany, and moves quite often.

BOB VALDEZ had a fun time with Wimoweh:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?LUID=aa732588-cec8-4b89-be07-aba8af0cff46
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=30023511-3f2d-4bc0-828e-8975f1472f7a

After almost a year and a half this bug reappeared and should be moving again! YAY!
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one back that was released in Croatia last June - its goal was to make it back to me in MN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: