MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judicial Landmark?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swfan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Judicial Landmark? Reply with quote

I found a Judical land mark in the woods while looking for a cache recently. I've never seen or heard of one before and was wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard of one.

It looks similar to a benchmark, it was made of steel so it was rusty with only the words judicial landmark visable.

I'm just curious. Any thoughts anyone?
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Judicial Landmark? Reply with quote

swfan wrote:
I found a Judical land mark in the woods while looking for a cache recently. I've never seen or heard of one before and was wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard of one.

It looks similar to a benchmark, it was made of steel so it was rusty with only the words judicial landmark visable.

I'm just curious. Any thoughts anyone?

Here is what a judicial landmark is.

A tool available in some states for marking court-established boundary line corners after a lawsuit between contiguous property owners. The applicable statute will usually specify a certain size monument, such as a concrete block at least 12 inches per side; a depth at which it should be buried; and a requirement for an engraved notation that indicates that it is a judicial landmark,the date set,and the name of the surveyor setting the landmark.
darkfiber
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering what it was.. I took a pic of the one I found. -- Thanks now I know!

dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this means, watch out for contentious neighbors with shotguns while caching in this area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Benchmarking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: