MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

coffe proof phone/gps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: coffe proof phone/gps Reply with quote

Someone should invent a coffee proof phone!

Recently I decided to take off and do some county park caches. I loaded the phone with a couple hundred caches, filled my 20oz coffee jug and put them all in the MC trunk. I guess I got carried away going around one corner and when I stopped my phone was under coffee along with my $1000 camera.

Thankfully the camera was fine once I dried it out but the phone did not fair as well. It sort of works but has some new oddities that I can't live with.
Plus the screen now has a Holstein cow effect. Crying or Very sad

I ordered a new one and will try washing this one out with distilled water but I am pretty sure it's a goner.

Moral of the story - ziplock bags for canoe, river crossings and excess coffee carrying. Smile
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

add this farkle to the ride...

[img] http://www.motorcycleleather.co/media/06/a20791a12f707811372315_m.jpg [/img]
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a few laptops that succumbed to the same fate. What a horrible feeling watching that cup fall onto the keyboard, then zap. The only bright side is, they are getting cheaper, price wise.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my expensive work laptop on a flight in the overhead bin. Some knucklehead had set their bag on top of mine with a water bottle that wasn't quite shut tightly enough. Needless to say that our tech people weren't happy when they poored water out of it back home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: