MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End of Round One is June 30th
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 is here!

I believe that I have the bugs worked out, but we shall see tomorrow. Please respond to this thread if anything is broken when you start logging grabs and drops for round 2.

All the round 1 data still exists and I will make it availible soon (final standings ect), just not tonight.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was fun stuff. A couple people really kicked in at the end and made me nervous about my lead. I was assuming no one would be as psychotic about the game as I was.

In an 8 day period during the beginning of the game I had paid over $130 or so in gas prices alone.

I'm going to sit out this round and see how many people pass the high score. =)

Thanks again to RJ and Towlebooth for setting this up. I had a lot of fun, I know others had fun too, and most of all it's giving the MNGCA more exposure.

Cheers,
-Aaron
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Holding lakers during reset period Reply with quote

I didn't drop a laker before the game was reset. I did a "drop and grab" so I can get the points a the next drop. But I recieved the 3 points when I made the drop. Maybe the code isn't there yet. That's fine. I'll be dropping shetek someplace soon. Just to let towlebooth know what happened.

Shane
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Holding lakers during reset period Reply with quote

TwentySeven wrote:
I didn't drop a laker before the game was reset. I did a "drop and grab" so I can get the points a the next drop. But I recieved the 3 points when I made the drop. Maybe the code isn't there yet. That's fine. I'll be dropping shetek someplace soon. Just to let towlebooth know what happened.

Shane

Mad Dang. I expected this to work. . . That's what I get for limiting my testing in favor of sleep.

TwentySeven - I will strip away those points and get this fixed this weekend.
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just leaving the feedback! No worries!
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I've been out of touch - I have recieved reports of odd happenings in the game logic since the switch to round two but have negelected to respond to people, much less fix the issues. Again sorry. Embarassed

First it was the holiday weekend then Jill and I unexpectedly bought a home near the Phalen geo-cluster and are working round-the-clock to update our townhome for sale. (nice Woodbury townhome with a unique floorplan and lots of very recent updating - let me know if you want more details).

The issue seems to be that people are not getting points in round 2 for lakers that they found and dropped in round 1. Obviously I screwed up the logic and will have time to fix it this weekend.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, as I wrote the above I figured it out in my head, but will have to alter the code this weekend. I'm an idiot.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Jill and I unexpectedly bought a home near the Phalen geo-cluster

Hmmm... Since our trip to the Midwest Invitational Geocaching Competition last March, three out of the four MNGCA members who went have bought new houses. I wonder what's in store for me!
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOE !!! You can come over this weekend and help me move if it makes you feel better!!! Wink

I know whats in store for you! --A very sore back because you need to help everybody move!!! Laughing
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
Hmmm... Since our trip to the Midwest Invitational Geocaching Competition last March, three out of the four MNGCA members who went have bought new houses. I wonder what's in store for me!

A move to the retirement home? Wink Wink Wink
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: End of Round One is June 30th Reply with quote

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, RJ wrote:
Round 2 will last for 3 months, ending on September 30th, and then Round 3 will begin immediately after. The 3 month term can change so Round 3 could last for more than 3 months.

Hey! That's Thursday! Since no one else has brought it up I thought I would.

Any changes for round 3?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: