MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fire wood for winter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
catering chef
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Fire wood for winter Reply with quote

I know alittle off topic, but I am looking for some firewood for the up coming winter. If any body knows where I can buy or cut for my self about 2 cords of fire wood , I would greatly apprecate it. Please post cords for a place to cut firewood. (ok, alittle on geocaching)
Very Happy Thanks
chef
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked your local compost site? Not sure how the ones in the cities operate, but out in Western MN most of the local compost sites allow people to take and use whatever they can of trees that get brought to the compost site. You might want to check on this. Most of it is still green, but if you have a place to store it it would be great for next year.

Just an idea. I don't have a fireplace, but when I have taken sticks and such to our local compost site I have seen several others grabbing a couple of logs and taking back with them when dropping off leaves and such.
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father-n-law has a woods we would really like to get the dead wood cut and cleaned up. Yours for the taking, you just need to cut it yourself. It's about 20 miles northeast of Mankato. Let me know if you are interested and I will tell you how to get out here.

tomslusher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: