MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 1450 Autozoom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonGerth
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 1450 Autozoom Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Nuvi 1450 that I use for navigation and it used to do this auto zoom things depending on my speed and where I was so that I have a pretty good zoom level. It zoomed out when I was doing 55 down the road and then zoomed in when I was slowing down and pulling up to an intersection. I updated it and now it does not do that any more. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ron
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email Garmin support. They're stellar.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by updated? You updated the firmware?

I looked through the manual but I couldn't find anything about an autozoom feature:

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/3130_OwnersManual.pdf
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
What do you mean by updated? You updated the firmware?

That was my assumption - Garmin fixed a rebooting bug with new firmware this spring.

I'm familiar with the autozoom in Nuvi's, but in every Nuvi I've seen it hasn't been an option, it's just there.
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
That was my assumption - Garmin fixed a rebooting bug with new firmware this spring.

I'm familiar with the autozoom in Nuvi's, but in every Nuvi I've seen it hasn't been an option, it's just there.

It must be a newer feature. I bought one a few years ago and it never did that.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
Pear Head wrote:

It must be a newer feature. I bought one a few years ago and it never did that.

Really? My wife has a 200w or 205w (I never remember which) that we bought perhaps 4 years ago and it does it. I think it stops autozooming if you manually adjust the zoom of the map, and I don't know if it does it in the 3d maps or not (we have it set to 2d).
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 295W only auto-zooms when it's directing me to turn or take an exit. If I'm just driving with it in "view map" mode, the zoom stays wherever I put it.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJnTJ wrote:
My 295W only auto-zooms when it's directing me to turn or take an exit. If I'm just driving with it in "view map" mode, the zoom stays wherever I put it.

Rereading Ron's original post and thinking some, I believe that's what mine does as well. I was originally thinking that he was referring to it not autozooming while receiving directions, but now I see that he didn't say that.

I stand behind my original answer:

Quote:
Email Garmin support. They're stellar.

Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our 1450 auto zooms but not at all ramps and turn lanes. On some it will pop up an almost photo like picture of the turnoff, the lane you should be in complete with trees etc. But at others nothing. And there is nothing special about the ones that do pop up. Happened a few time today on the way to Eau Claire. Yet we rarely see it in Duluth's Spaghetti bowl of clover leafs. Same as in Minnie, so I think it just depends which were input into the software itself. Bottom line don't trust it completely, read the signs!!! Especially the detour signs.
RonGerth
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the answers. I took the advice to reinstall the update and that fixed it. I think that I messed it up when I installed the updated firmware and then also a map update at the same time. I reinstalled the firmware and it works great. It seems to be triggering an autozoom when I slow down as I am headed into an intersection or an off ramp. When I am driving down the freeway or the highway it zooms out and shows the major roads but none of the smaller ones until my speed drops and then it zooms in. I like it and also have found it helps with geocaching since I can see the general area of the cache and drive to it following the map.

Thanks again,

RonGerth
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 750 didnt do the auto zoom but my new 1450 does and I dont like it. I also cant get favorites to appear on the screen with any title, just a little black square. And also cant get my proximity alarms for POI`s to work on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: