MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Event list

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rustynails
Geocacher


Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Posts: 788

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Event list Reply with quote

Why am I not seeing all events listed?

I just learned KB is having his annual horse race event tonight after talking to another cacher. I check the events list, but never saw this one. Is there a full list somewhere that I missed? I had a blast last year and bummed I missed this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeoPierce
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Nov 2005

Posts: 1657

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Event list Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
Why am I not seeing all events listed?

I just learned KB is having his annual horse race event tonight after talking to another cacher. I check the events list, but never saw this one. Is there a full list somewhere that I missed? I had a blast last year and bummed I missed this one.


Events are added manually to the mngca website and anyone can do it. It's up to the event host to post on the mngca website.

Otherwise, you can check on geocaching.com:

Go to this page: http://www.geocaching.com/my/

There's a link in the right sidebar that says "List newest in Minnesota"

It goes here: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=24

This shows all caches and events in order by date. You may have to go to the next page to find the current date.
_________________
Tupperware doesn't belong in the kitchen!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rustynails
Geocacher


Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Posts: 788

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Event list Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:
Rustynails wrote:
Why am I not seeing all events listed?

I just learned KB is having his annual horse race event tonight after talking to another cacher. I check the events list, but never saw this one. Is there a full list somewhere that I missed? I had a blast last year and bummed I missed this one.


Events are added manually to the mngca website and anyone can do it. It's up to the event host to post on the mngca website.

Otherwise, you can check on geocaching.com:

Go to this page: http://www.geocaching.com/my/

There's a link in the right sidebar that says "List newest in Minnesota"

It goes here: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=24

This shows all caches and events in order by date. You may have to go to the next page to find the current date.


Thanks, The links a very helpful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hal-oween
Geocacher


Joined: 10 Mar 2009

Posts: 172

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you receive the weekly newsletter, all events are listed. That is the first place I look.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board


Joined: 10 Jun 2009

Posts: 886

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:
Also, if you receive the weekly newsletter, all events are listed. That is the first place I look.


There is a weekly newsletter? Where do I sign up for that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5693

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Hal-oween wrote:
Also, if you receive the weekly newsletter, all events are listed. That is the first place I look.


There is a weekly newsletter? Where do I sign up for that?


http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManageEmailAddresses.aspx
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GeoPierce
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Nov 2005

Posts: 1657

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManageEmailAddresses.aspx

At the bottom, under "E-Mail Preferences"

Check "I want to receive the Groundspeak weekly newsletter."
_________________
Tupperware doesn't belong in the kitchen!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.