MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logging Caches Twice?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should You Log Multis Twice
Yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
No
97%
 97%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 37

sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Logging Caches Twice? Reply with quote

What do you think about logging mulits twice? Should you do it? Poll runs for a week.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never even heard of this before....

If it were my cache I'm 99% sure you'd find me deleting your second (duplicate) log...
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got over 200 multis, and I've never logged one twice.
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll bite.

Why would you log a multi twice? Are you talking about visiting the cache twice, or logging it twice because there are 2 stages, and it's twice the work of a traditional?

Just asking, not trying to start a war or anything Smile
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends.

I found a multi in WI where the owner allowed a find log for each stage. The first stage was a 1/1, the second was a 2/2 etc. There was a log in each stage, and you could log as many as you found and stop when it was too much.

Another similar cache had a tough, optional, "bonus final" after the regular final.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it, for this one: http://coord.info/GC27031 Owner has two seperate hides and you have to find both. Great night cache by the way!
Captain and Mate
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the vast majority of multi-caches it would not be appropriate. However, as previously noted, there are caches where the owner specifically grants permission to log each WP as a separate find. In these cases, it's ok. We did one once that had 16 WP's plus the final and we logged them all because the owner set it up that way.
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next week’s poll question should be about logging caches you didn’t find that you’re sure were muggled because you spent lots of time looking and couldn‘t find it. My vote is no on the multi multi logs, but that’s between you and the CO. We log a find for each log we sign.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it, for this one: http://coord.info/GCHAYC Owner has two seperate hides and you have to find both. Great night cache by the way!
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain and Mate wrote:
On the vast majority of multi-caches it would not be appropriate. However, as previously noted, there are caches where the owner specifically grants permission to log each WP as a separate find. In these cases, it's ok. We did one once that had 16 WP's plus the final and we logged them all because the owner set it up that way.

I've had a similar experience, where the multi consisted of (I think) 16 stages before the final. Several months after making the find, I was contacted and told the cache was broken up into many smaller caches, and I could log all stages as finds. I appreciated the gesture and note, but I did not want to taint (in my own mind) the joy I felt by taking the day to log this one 5/5 cache, so I declined the offer.

Someday I may again be in the area and make the individual finds and log them as such. But until I sign the log, I will hold off on logging it.
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have "logged" pleanty of caches twice, some of them 3, 4, 5 times or more. I LOG the cache everytime I search for or visit it. Most of these are DNF's for sure. Of course, I only log a cache as FOUND once.

Not trying to be smart about this, just wanting to point out that all LOGs are worthwhile: Found, DNF, Maintanence Needed, Good Coordinates, Bad Coordinates, Poison Ivy in area, etc... Love them all.

Log on...

KF
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my memory serves me correctly, Silent Bob used to have that Child's Play multicace where he allowed a smilie for each stage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: