MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annual Permits
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Annual Permits Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the various metro area county park systems honor one another's annual permits? In other words, will my Three Rivers Parks sticker get me into Washington, Anoka, etc.?
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I know:

Ramsey County is free.

Washington County passes are $20 / year and work in Washington, Carver, and Anoka. You also get a break on the daily fee from Three Rivers.

The reverse is not true - If you buy in Carver the passes are slightly cheaper, but you don't get the same number of parks. I know that Carver is looking to be the same as Washington, but they are not there yet. I do not know Anoka's policy.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't our first picnic last summer in an Anoka County Park? I remember the fee, mainly becuase of KB's "Send your receipts to the county" cache.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was. They do have a fee (which is why a Washington permit will get you in). What I don't know is whether or not an Anoka permit will work in Washington and Carver.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: The good news is in this post ... Reply with quote

Yes. Washington County Parka accepts our pass on an equal basis. Three Rivers Park District (formerly Hennepin Parks) accepts ours as a 40% discount on the purchase of theirs. We are negotiating with Carver County for an equal reciprocity for each other's permits to go into effect 2004.

Last edited by King Boreas on Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carverguy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Parking Passes... Reply with quote

This is the current situation with Parking Passes.

Three Rivers Park District has an agreement with Anoka, Carver and Washington Countys. Three Rivers Offers a 40% discount on their Annual Parking Pass to anyone who has a Annual Parking Permit for Anoka, Carver or Washington Counties. The three county's also give a 40% discount on their Annual for anyone who has a Three Rivers Annual Parking Permit. The catch (not cache) if you want to look at it as being one, is if your 1st Annual (any of the agencies) was purchased in Jan than the second pass (from any of the angencies) is sold at a 40% discount but is also punched for the same month as the 1st pass.

Reciprical parking between the counties is as follows:
Anoka --> Anoka and Washington
Washington --> Anoka, Carver and Washington
Carver--> Carver and Washington
(Carver County and Anoka County are working on an agreement for 2004 so hopefully soon the circle will be complete and any of the three county annual passes will get you into any of the county parks)

If you have any questions at all let me know. And if you are looking for a place to have a picnic Carver County Parks has several wonderful facilities. Very Happy
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carverguy,
I will be contacting you this week about your facilities for our July event.

Thanks!
Carverguy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Park Pass Reciprocity Reply with quote

Very Happy I am very happy to announce that the 3 county park departments that charge an entrance fee (Anoka, Carver and Washington Counties) will honor passes from each other starting January 1, 2004.

Make sure you are aware of the park facility you are in, Three Rivers Park District (Formerly Hennepin Parks) operates parks in 7 counties and does not have 100% reciprocity with Anoka, Carver and Washington Counties. The agreement between the Counties and Three Rivers Park District does provide a 40% discount when buying their park pass. Park passes are to be punched for experation on the same month.

If you have any question please feel free to contact any of the park departments.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the 3 county park departments that charge an entrance fee (Anoka, Carver and Washington Counties) will honor passes from each other starting January 1, 2004.

So which one is the cheapest?

Very Happy Smile Laughing

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news! Now if we could only get Three Rivers in 100%...
Carverguy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know Annual Park passes for Anoka, Carver and Washington Counties will be $20 across the board. If you where not aware, Three Rivers Park District did not require a parking pass on weekdays this past summer (Mondays-Thursday excluding holidays) and rumor has it they are not going to be requiring a parking pass at all this winter. Three rivers is working to try and phase out the parking pass and move to more of a user fee based park system.

If you have any questions let me know.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Three rivers is working to try and phase out the parking pass and move to more of a user fee based park system.

They're also working on phasing out the users. A campsite at Cleary Lake tripled in one year. Yes, I should have asked the rate. I had been going there every Memorial Day for 20 years. A 20 year gradual rate increase from 25.00-30.00 per night to 65.00-70.00 per night was reasonable.

A one year increase to 145.00 per night, plus new fees for parking and wood, was not reasonable.[/list]

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingboreas wrote:
A one year increase to 145.00 per night, plus new fees for parking and wood, was not reasonable.

What would you pay if the rangers turned down your sleeping bag and left a chocolate on your pillow?

-Rick
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
A one year increase to 145.00 per night, plus new fees for parking and wood, was not reasonable.

Shocked $145 per night for a camp site!!! Is this a group site?
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, as of 1- 1/2 years ago I could take a family of four and four horses to any MN state park for 5 to 7 dollars a night. For $145 they best put up the tent or park the camper, put up my electric fence, bring me breakfast in bed and pick up after the horses. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: