MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project APE?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Project APE? Reply with quote

Since I don't frequest the groundspeak forums could someone tell me what these are/were? Just curious because they seem to have all been archived and the user banned. If that's the case, why did they get their own icon?

Project APE caches

Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Project APE? Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Since I don't frequest the groundspeak forums could someone tell me what these are/were? Just curious because they seem to have all been archived and the user banned. If that's the case, why did they get their own icon?

http://members.aol.com/marklent60544/myhomepage/Geocaching/projectape.htm
http://gislounge.com/sotm/apes.shtml
Joelcam
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one still out there. It's in the Seattle, WA area... called Mission 9, Tunnel of Light. (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7d120ae2-855c-430d-9c14-3d7427de4bdd)
I contacted the owner last week before I headed out there on vacation. He said it's not advisable to try it this time of year because of the harsh winter conditions. The roads are closed in the area until mid-April. The 2nd day I was in town, they got 7 inches of snow up in the pass and I decided not even to try to get up there. Looks like a neat cache. There was one visitor who went in December 2 years ago (daring soul I guess). I wondered why they have their own icon, I never did ask that, but thanks to SB I know! Smile
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a coincidence, I'll be out in Seattle at the end of April.... Perhaps I should contact the guy and see if the cache will be accesible by then.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
What a coincidence, I'll be out in Seattle at the end of April.... Perhaps I should contact the guy and see if the cache will be accesible by then.

I suggest reading Moun10Bike's top 5% list and paying close attention to his top 1% list if you are heading out to Idaho, Washington, Oregon. The dude knows his stuff and I would trust him.

(BTW -- Moun10Bike is the one that adopted this ProjectAPE cache).

Silent Bob
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Silent Bob,

I contacted Moun10bike and he just replied to me. The cache will be accessible when I'm out there, just not through the tunnel (apparently they keep that closed until may) but there is an alternate route to get to it.

I've already made plans to attempt getting it while I'm out there, so I got at least one good cache I'm looking forward to getting.

Anyone want a travel bug of theirs dropped off out at this cache?
Ramsey63
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see that the Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (Project APE) cache has now been archived. (GC1169) We were happy to visit it last year and will remember the nice time we had on the hike up to it.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsey63 wrote:
Sad to see that the Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (Project APE) cache has now been archived. (GC1169) We were happy to visit it last year and will remember the nice time we had on the hike up to it.

Nooooooooooooooooooo [sob]
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Glad I got to find it last year. The Illinois one was archived less than two weeks after I found it, but this one lasted almost a year.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Crying or Very sad Glad I got to find it last year. The Illinois one was archived less than two weeks after I found it, but this one lasted almost a year.

So it's your fault Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: