MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Days of the Year Challenge Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you planning on attending the event and/or ordering coin(s)?
Planning on attending!
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Planning on attending AND ordering coin(s)
70%
 70%  [ 31 ]
Won't be attending but would like to order coin(s)
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 44

MamaDuck-24
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
MamaDuck-24 wrote:
Quote:
Totally biffed this one. Was out for dinner w/ MamaDuck24 tonight, discussing recent caching adventures. Mentioned that due to an incredibly long work day on Tuesday, I did not find a cache. At that moment, it dawned on me that that was March 1st! Big slap to the forehead! I won't get that filled in until after Feb 29, 2012!

Tropicalloon and I were talking and think we'll have The Day Late, Second Chance Blackout Event on 12-31-12 for those of us who will be unable to complete the Blackout by 2-29-12.
Any interest?

Wouldn't seem people need the second chance event to happen on February 29, 2016? Smile

Probably, but I'm not a technical kinda person. I'm sure there will be a whole new group of cachers by 2-29-2016 who will be setting up an event for that day.
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamaDuck-24 wrote:
sparkyfry wrote:
MamaDuck-24 wrote:
Quote:
Totally biffed this one. Was out for dinner w/ MamaDuck24 tonight, discussing recent caching adventures. Mentioned that due to an incredibly long work day on Tuesday, I did not find a cache. At that moment, it dawned on me that that was March 1st! Big slap to the forehead! I won't get that filled in until after Feb 29, 2012!

Tropicalloon and I were talking and think we'll have The Day Late, Second Chance Blackout Event on 12-31-12 for those of us who will be unable to complete the Blackout by 2-29-12.
Any interest?

Wouldn't seem people need the second chance event to happen on February 29, 2016? Smile

Probably, but I'm not a technical kinda person. I'm sure there will be a whole new group of cachers by 2-29-2016 who will be setting up an event for that day.

I've already got my 2/29 box filled in, but there are a few gaps in June (when we normally have Annual Training, a.k.a. "Summer Camp" in the Guard), and they might still be empty after this year, as well. Too bad you can't have two events at the same time and same place - people who qualify can log one, and people who don't qualify can log the other.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
I've already got my 2/29 box filled in, but there are a few gaps in June (when we normally have Annual Training, a.k.a. "Summer Camp" in the Guard), and they might still be empty after this year, as well. Too bad you can't have two events at the same time and same place - people who qualify can log one, and people who don't qualify can log the other.

Got to love it when summer camp messes with geocaching. Sounds to me like it is time for some midnight covert ops. Twisted Evil
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
Tropicalloon wrote:
Quote:
Sad Sad Sad Totally biffed this one. Was out for dinner w/ MamaDuck24 tonight, discussing recent caching adventures. Mentioned that due to an incredibly long work day on Tuesday, I did not find a cache. At that moment, it dawned on me that that was March 1st! Big slap to the forehead! I won't get that filled in until after Feb 29, 2012!

Bummer. I've come awfully close to that on quite a few occasions. I'm sure it will finally happen to me too! There is always next year!

Well it happened. I missed the 24th. Sad
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
Tropicalloon wrote:
Quote:
Sad Sad Sad Totally biffed this one. Was out for dinner w/ MamaDuck24 tonight, discussing recent caching adventures. Mentioned that due to an incredibly long work day on Tuesday, I did not find a cache. At that moment, it dawned on me that that was March 1st! Big slap to the forehead! I won't get that filled in until after Feb 29, 2012!

Bummer. I've come awfully close to that on quite a few occasions. I'm sure it will finally happen to me too! There is always next year!

Do what everyone else does and just cheat Wink
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
Tropicalloon wrote:
Quote:

LOL that may or may not have entered my mind already, but dismissed it. That's not how I cache. Anyway, after posting here my cover is blown. Laughing
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
bflentje wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
Tropicalloon wrote:
Quote:

LOL that may or may not have entered my mind already, but dismissed it. That's not how I cache. Anyway, after posting here my cover is blown. Laughing

For the record, I have not cheated either. I have six days left to do and they all fall in June, July and August. Go figure that I have every day in the spring, autumn and winter months.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
For the record, I have not cheated either. I have six days left to do and they all fall in June, July and August. Go figure that I have every day in the spring, autumn and winter months.

Oh, I see how it is, bflentje. You just think you're superior to every other cacher, who you view as a lousy cheater. I know how I fit into your worldview. Smile
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Oh, I see how it is, bflentje. You just think you're superior to every other cacher, who you view as a lousy cheater. I know how I fit into your worldview. Smile

That was playin.. I know my place in life and do not judge others. Saying others cheat is a fact, not a judgement. I've clarified in the other thread that I PAF often, which some construe at cheating.
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably had all days except 2/29 first (of MN cachers). Can't believe I missed Feb 29, 2008. I cached 2/22 and 3/4 that year. I started the streak after that. I did not cheat on my streak.
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
Tropicalloon wrote:
Quote:

I've missed two so far - March 1st & March 6th. Have been plugging along since, & I've had some long strings of no caches found days to fill. I have more strings coming up in July & I'll be vacationing with family (non-cachers) in an area with not many caches. That could get tricky but I'll do my best to get those days filled on the grid.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tropicalloon wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
KRedEP wrote:
Tropicalloon wrote:
Quote:

I've missed two so far - March 1st & March 6th. Have been plugging along since, & I've had some long strings of no caches found days to fill. I have more strings coming up in July & I'll be vacationing with family (non-cachers) in an area with not many caches. That could get tricky but I'll do my best to get those days filled on the grid.

I also have a similar problem in July.

Last edited by KRedEP on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started keeping track at the beginning of the year and was surprised that I only needed about 50 days after 5 years of caching. They are spread evenly throughout the year except for 8 days in December. I missed a day or two in February but have been keeping up since then and have 35 days left.
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky me - today and tomorrow are two of the six remaining blanks in my grid, and it's Burma Hot out there. Can you say PNG, boys and girls?

It's kind of funny that I have still have two blanks in a row in December because I only went to Guards and back, and didn't even think about caching, during "Snowmageddon" last year.
PCC322
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in the game. I had a challenging one on July 10. I walked 5 miles round trip to this as all the taxis were out of town to bring people back.
http://coord.info/GC221Q3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: