MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maplewood GO (Get Outdoors) Event ***tomorrow*** 6/11/11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Maplewood GO (Get Outdoors) Event ***tomorrow*** 6/11/11 Reply with quote

Hi - sorry for the late notice but the City of Maplewood is looking for 1-2 people to help with their geocaching program for a few hours tomorrow (Saturday) morning from 9:30am - 12 noon. They are having families walk from the Comminuty center to Robinhood Park, and at Robinhood Park the Naturalist will teach them about outdoors activities including geocaching. The City has hidden an easy geocache in that park, and they will have 2-3 GPSrs to use to teach people how to use one and find geocaches. They are not planning to find my cache in the park. I would love to have helped, but I will be in Duluth, and they don't have anyone else from staff to help. The kid who hid the caches in the parks will be doing demos at the Community Center.

Can you help? Please call Oakley at 651-249-2173. Thanks!
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify - you would just need to go to the park directly - not do the walk!
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will they be coming with the GPS's or do we need to get those ahead of time? Are we helping them find the cache, or is this more of a scenario where they come to a table and we give them a quick intro on how to use a gps, then send them out to make the find?

If we go with them, what happens if more people come while we are out?

I'm willing to help, just want to know how this will work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Sir Z! Oakley will have the GPSrs there at the park at 9:30. She will be setting up and the people will arrive after that from the Community Center. I suspect you would show whoever is interested, in small groups as they arrive. You might have a "station" but I don't know about a table. Oakley has the details. I have no idea how many people are coming, but Oakley might. I'm sure Super R would be welcome too! The park is very small and the cache would probably be less than 300 feet from you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: