MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have a subscription to the St Cloud Times?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLGPS
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Anyone have a subscription to the St Cloud Times? Reply with quote

I am trying to track down an article that was in the St Cloud Times for my aunt but looks like the only way I can get a copy is to sign up for a subscription or pay for a text only copy. I am rebelling against the establishement here and don't want to pay for it....

Anyone out there want to rebel with me and email me a copy? It is an article called "Jobs lured Swedes to St. Cloud". Writen by Bill Morgan and appeared in the St Cloud Times on April 16, 2011.

Thanks!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Library?
DLGPS
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't thought of the library. Duh! Although I doubt that my southern Minnesota library gets the St. Cloud Times.

P. Falstad helped me out so I have what my aunt wanted. He said he found it via google. He has magic fingers! Thanks for the help!!!
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the online version of this article, Morgan column: Jobs lured Swedes to St. Cloud , by checking the cached pages via Google.

Not sure if you wanted the just the text or the actual hold-in-your-hand newsprint version.

Good luck,

Kurt
DLGPS
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kurt Franke"]I found the online version of this article, Morgan column: Jobs lured Swedes to St. Cloud , by checking the cached pages via Google.

That is where Paul Falstad found it too. Not sure what you mean by "cached pages via Google".

But I just needed the text and I have this now. Thanks!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLGPS wrote:
Kurt Franke wrote:
I found the online version of this article, Morgan column: Jobs lured Swedes to St. Cloud , by checking the cached pages via Google.

That is where Paul Falstad found it too. Not sure what you mean by "cached pages via Google".

But I just needed the text and I have this now. Thanks!

When you Google something, look for the word "Cached" below the links. Google stores a cached page of most things when it crawls them, so you can see a basic idea of the content at the time that Google last indexed it.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the text to DLGPS instead of posting the link because I didn't know how long the cached version would hang around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: