MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

www.swissperpetual.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: www.swissperpetual.com Reply with quote

Nobody can give me heat for posting this.
After all - this is the place to direct to sites.
It's in the right place. At the right time...
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 - Please use a nice durable cache container.
High impact water bottles are excellent! They
can be purchased for cheap at Wal*Mart, and are
guaranteed waterproof! Please - remember, that
this is a step up, and we don't want caches
that are falling apart like cheap tupperware

and such. Use your judgement, and if you have
any questions, email
webmaster@swissperpetual.com.

I guess I won't be joining. Sad
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please don't join if you plan to use containers that cannot withstand the wx elements. I already made the mistake of using a glass container (duh!). I'm now trying to use ammo boxes and such. There isn't much set in stone, so if you have suggestions, please feel free to let us know. We realize that there are many things to work out with swiss, but all the constructive critisism really helps so much! Thank you. We can work off ideas to become better and better with time. If you don't see what you like at a glance with the site, and have no interest in helping to construct a new concept, then please, please don't join. If you have original ideas, believe in the journey/development, then we want you! Openmindedness is a virtue...
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: A "must read"... Reply with quote

MAJOR NEWS!!!

I, have had a change of heart...
Although I don't intend to switch the purpose of SwissPerpetual.com over and over again, I feel it was better to do this sooner than later.

For numerous reasons, I have decided that I do not want my site to include caching. This whole concept to me has always been not about the cache, but about the thrill of the adventure/exploration. I have completely reconstructed the site (which will still be updated eventually by my designer guru). I did some thinking, and realized that I don't want the headache of the caching world. I really don't.

With these thoughts, I have been thinking of a way to develop a similar site, but logging adventures (still using GPS coords) instead of little things laying in the woods. I'm sure I will likely remain an avid GC.com cacher.

The site will now be based on "Freestyle Exploration" (explanation on the home page). I will keep the forum, and re-design it.

I really think this is a good move for a variety of reasons:
1 - It eliminates caching all together
2 - It still allows GPS work and coordinates
3 - It still revolves around great adventure!
4 - It caters to EVERYONE! (even GC.com cachers should now find interest in my site. Although it never was competition, it won't seem like it is anymore. I suspect caching trips will likely make their way to my site, which is great. If you want to tell a story including waypoints, or directions to a cool geographical place, here is the place to do it!

I will be answering questions here. Otherwise, you can email me at:
info@swisperpetual.com and I will be happy to respond.

"This is certainly a big turn in the path, but I suspect a turn for the better!"

~ Josh

Last edited by jaywc7 on Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change can be good, and your new idea sounds very promising. Who knows, I may just participate (honestly there's only so many cache containers one can find anyway).

I like the idea of a place that people can list waypoints for different items of interest (ie a spot only locals know about, a historical marker, a great view, a nice spot to photograph something, etc.). If it's a great spot for a certain interest I may have in adventuring, I don't need to have something to find there, except for the location. With all the rules in geocaching, some of these great spots probably go unlisted, just because someone doesn't want to go to the hassle of placing a cache there, or try and get something approved that may not meet the criteria.
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh,,, The first positive response in the new Era.
Yes yes yes! You are right to a T.
Keep throwing ideas at me, and I will come through.

Let's see who shows up on the positive side of this, and
who defaults to the negative side. As far as I'm concerned
there is much less negative side then before.

I suspect with certainty we will certainly find success!

~ Josh

P.S. Anyone who signs up, I will greet with a FREE custom email address until I run out of them. EX: yourname@swissperpetual.com
Now wouldn't you just like to have one of them? Sure you would...
(NOTE: This works with Yahoo. So if you have Yahoo already, your golden. Otherwise you will create a Yahoo account, and forward the mail to your already existing account elsewhere. It's a win/win situation.)
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like things to get rolling. So if anyone is interested. Please send me a story, or photos or something pertaining to an adventure! I'll post them on the site. We are trying to gear things towards EVERYONE now. So you can post a geocaching adventure here! We are also trying to keep a log of coordinates, so you can choose an adventure, or leave one for others!

~ Josh

Last edited by jaywc7 on Mon May 02, 2005 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to let everyone know:

I've been busy,,, but am still trying to get things rolling here. My site is completely not related to geocaching anymore, except for a post on my forum. I am hoping to gain members, and suspect some geocachers may take interest. If you take a look, and don't care to join or be a part of it,,, that's really ok. All I ask is that you don't become negative like some people have in the past. On the other hand, if you are interested, please feel free to sign up! As always, there's no strings attatched, or fees, or advertizing, or selling of email, or any foolishness like that.

Thanks everyone, and have a great day!

~ jaywc7
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighSky wrote:
My site is completely not related to geocaching anymore, except for a post on my forum.

In that case let's move this from the "Geocaching Websites" forum to the off topic area.
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds ok to me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: