MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new features on geocaching.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm constantly amazed by the fact that the PQ link is basically hidden on the http://www.geocaching.com/my page, but it is (to me) the single most important feature of the whole site. Shocked Why is it not a big fat button top and center on that page?

I use Firefox, so all I need to do to get there is type "poc" in the URL space and it comes up first now.
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny. I totally agree with you. That's how I've always done it, and that's were I found that link. Kind of a pain. I never bothered to look at the url before. Now that I know it's so simple (http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx), I'm just going to make a bookmark to that.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that I have to click enable personalization every time I load up a map. That's really irritating.
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope that they re-add the PQ link attached to the maps soon.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down again?
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJnTJ wrote:
I'm constantly amazed by the fact that the PQ link is basically hidden on the http://www.geocaching.com/my page, but it is (to me) the single most important feature of the whole site. Shocked Why is it not a big fat button top and center on that page?

I use Firefox, so all I need to do to get there is type "poc" in the URL space and it comes up first now.

Install Locus Primes`s Add Waypoint Finder. It puts a "Your Stuff" in the main menu bar.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are majorly screwing this thing up! Or they did. Now they're trying desperately to fix it. If I were in charge, there would be heads rolling after this release. All of those man-hours gone to add things that nobody ever asked for or wanted, only to break things that people did want, and didn't give us anything that we had asked for.

I am NOT impressed!
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish each and every one of you would post your gripes on Groundspeak's forum. Currently, while this release is fresh, the correct place would be the release notes thread:

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=273473

Let your voice be heard!
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
I've noticed that I have to click enable personalization every time I load up a map. That's really irritating.

I love the beta maps and have been using them since they enabled personalization, but yes, it would be nice if there were a way to lock settings for the maps.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharknose Bunnies wrote:
WestSideDaddy wrote:

I love the beta maps and have been using them since they enabled personalization, but yes, it would be nice if there were a way to lock settings for the maps.

...or to create pocket queries from them, or to show a list of the caches that are shown (an improved, printable, exportable list, not the lame list they had on the old maps).

But generally, I agree with you. Once they get the bugs worked out and all features moved over, they will be nice. Supposed to be much easier on their servers too, according to Groundspeak.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why they don't save the map settings. I have a greasemonkey script which seems to do the trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: