MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visiting St. Paul

View previous topic :: View next topic  
go_man
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Visiting St. Paul Reply with quote

Mrs_go and I will arriving in St. Paul from Nova Scotia, Canada early in the afternoon of Sunday, June 19th and leaving first thing Monday the 26th. We're in town for the American Association of Woodturners (AAW) 25th Symposium. We`re coming in early so that we can spend the first 4 days checking out some of the local sites and scenery.

We like to hike, geocache (obvious!), explore, see art, history, eat well and cheap, etc. We're not really into the 'touristy' things and prefer going where locals go. All the same things other cachers like. Smile

Unfortunately, we will not have a car on this trip. We have not booked a hotel yet for Sun - Thurs. We've held off booking this until we get our itinerary together to try to get centrally located.

Our question is what should we see? Where are your favorite places to go? Any local events during this time? Anyone want a couple of caching partners in their 50's?

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is plenty of great caching in and around St. Paul. Caching along the river is my prefered location, but there is some gerat urban caching as well.

I think a walk around the Lake Nakomis area is a great way to spend a day caching.

When you get to town, make another post and I'm sure you'll find a caching buddy for a day.
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many caches in Crosby Park. Spend a day there and you will have a good caching time. The American Boulevard and LRT caches around the Mall of America are also nice quick park and grabs.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are currently three events in that time frame: 10 years ago today..., Party On The Patio (June) -- A Social Event, and MnGCA Breakfast Buddies - Brooklyn Park.
go_man
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Lake Nakomis and Crosby Park look like great places. I expect that there's public transit to these areas?

The only event we might be able to make would be '10 years ago today'. There's not much info on it though.

Thanks all, if you think on anything else it'd be appreciated.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go_man wrote:
Both Lake Nakomis and Crosby Park look like great places. I expect that there's public transit to these areas?

The only event we might be able to make would be '10 years ago today'. There's not much info on it though.

Thanks all, if you think on anything else it'd be appreciated.

If you're in DT St. Paul, Crosby Lake can be walked to. A couple miles at worst.
go_man
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Sounds like a great walk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: