MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Souvenir glitches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Souvenir glitches Reply with quote

I took the time to actually look at this souvenir feature and was amused to find a lot of ones for places I have never cached. OK I was racking my brain on some (hmm - DID I go to Texas in 2005?) but I'm pretty confident I did not vist Baden-Wurtemberg Germany last November. : )

Anyone else have mystery souvenirs?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine seemed pretty accurate the last time I looked. Haven't looked in weeks now though.
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are fine. I haven't figured out what they are good for yet.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Souvenir glitches Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
I took the time to actually look at this souvenir feature and was amused to find a lot of ones for places I have never cached. OK I was racking my brain on some (hmm - DID I go to Texas in 2005?) but I'm pretty confident I did not vist Baden-Wurtemberg Germany last November. : )

This is actually pretty easy to figure out, just by looking at your previous finds...

You logged both of these Texas caches on 25 Apr 05 (turns out you DID go to Texas Smile):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=48f3b9c4-4eb2-403d-b027-617f9c1a60c1 :

Quote:
Easy park n grab while visiting from MN. My sister's first cache. Took nothing, left a pen as it was penless (in MN, we have to always use pencils because pens freeze!!) TFTC.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=dd645494-406a-4709-af52-8d984c9bd7ba :

Quote:
Fun one since we were visiting the beach anyway. No one there hardly--ya'll crazy??? Coming from Minnesota the weather was GREAT! TFTC.

I didn't check to see if there were others.

I don't understand your reference to Germany as I don't see a souvenir for Germany on your page.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to geocaching websites.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some like that too, but I realized that I had logged a moving cache at MOGA last year and it goes all over so I am getting souvenirs for places I never visited.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:
I have some like that too, but I realized that I had logged a moving cache at MOGA last year and it goes all over so I am getting souvenirs for places I never visited.

I guess I was always under the impression that moving caches wouldn't trigger a souvenir. Which cache did you log that's doing this?
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I did visit my sister in Corpus back when she was in the Navy . . .

But I am still mystified by "Baden Wurttemberg" (the artwork says "Deutschland 1 von 16" on it.) You're right I don't see it on GC.com but it appears on my phone as found on 11/9/10 and I don't have any finds with a couple weeks of that date. It says:

Baden-Wuttemberg wurde aus drei Bundeslandern gebildet, die von den Alliierten in der Nachkriegszeit eingerichtet wurden. Seine Westgrenze (und auch ein groBer Teil seiner Sudgrenze) folgt dem Verlauf des Rheins. Zudem kann die Quelle der Donau in diesem Bundesland gefinden werden.

Any German speakers or other theories?
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baden-WŁttemberg was formed from three provinces, which were established by the Allies after the war. Its western border (and also a large part of its southern border) follows the course of the Rhine. In addition, the source of the Danube are found in the state.

Wow that Google translator is not bad. But this doesn't solve the mystery.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
Ah yes, I did visit my sister in Corpus back when she was in the Navy . . .

But I am still mystified by "Baden Wurttemberg" (the artwork says "Deutschland 1 von 16" on it.) You're right I don't see it on GC.com but it appears on my phone as found on 11/9/10 and I don't have any finds with a couple weeks of that date.

That is odd... I'd send an email to contact@geocaching.com. You probably found some sort of obscure bug. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: