MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 Red River Valley Flooding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roylake
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: 2011 Red River Valley Flooding Reply with quote

The rivers in the Red River Valley are on the rise. I have disabled and pulled my caches, the unfrozen ones anyway, from the Grand Forks/East Grand Forks Greenway. I would recommend that all caches in the flood zones in the Valley be temporally disabled until things dry up in May/June. It looks like it is going to be another record flood this year. Sad
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How high is the river up there? I am currently on stand-by to go help the flood, so just wondering how much time I have.
roylake
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a slow rise right now. The gauge at East Grand Forks is reading 26.57. It was a little bit over 23 on Saturday. It is predicted to be from 39 (90% chance) to 46 (50% chance) by April 7th. It is predicted to crest at 48 (90%) or 51 (50%) around April 22 or so. The National Weather Services has all of the river level gauges and predictions on line at: http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=fgf&gage=egfm5&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6&type=0
I still have a few frozen caches to retrieve from the flood zone.
musthavemuzk
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the info. though i do not have any caches there i have been curious as to the levels as i lived in TRF from 92-2010.

Monty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: