MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fairbault caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Fairbault caches Reply with quote

How are the caches in this area? Going over that way Thursday and Christmas Eve for a familty event and have never cached there and just wondering if there are any must dos or caches to avoid?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Fairbault caches Reply with quote

kc9gbo wrote:
How are the caches in this area? Going over that way Thursday and Christmas Eve for a familty event and have never cached there and just wondering if there are any must dos or caches to avoid?

My favorite cache in the area has recently been archived. Nearly Naked, forget the GC number.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the snow some of these maybe a bit difficult to get to or find....
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fun virtual south of there.
GCH28B

We've enjoyed caching up that way in the summer and fall, but I do think many were ground hides. Our favorite in the area was also archived, Seldon's Gauntlet, but we look forward to doing his new one sometime.

There are a lot of fun puzzles and I have a pile of them solved, so I guess we have to plan a trip back up that way ourselves come spring.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAH, yes that one was a cool virtual! We have friends in Owatonna that live just over from the airport so it was an easy one right on the way.
I did a pq search for found in last 7 but had very few returned, so then went with the winter friendly attribute and that was just as narrow list. I was guessing most were ground hides. I've moved onto anything small and above and that returned more, now just to see if I can find them.
Although the forecast isn't looking great now for when we need to travel.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owatonna and Faribault have a lot of neat caches...the flooding in September took a lot of them away...and the recent snow fall has only made those that survived that much more difficult. Many of those in the area have been long since found by locals...so, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into the 7-day thing...especially after the snow...people just don't want to walk through the stuff when it is 3 feet deep!!!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Owatonna and Faribault have a lot of neat caches...the flooding in September took a lot of them away...and the recent snow fall has only made those that survived that much more difficult. Many of those in the area have been long since found by locals...so, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into the 7-day thing...especially after the snow...people just don't want to walk through the stuff when it is 3 feet deep!!!

You'd be surprised at the stupid things some of us do while geocaching..
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
ArcherDragoon wrote:

lol, I am not calling it stupid...I have done the "snow tredge" many times...heck, even went to Owatonna and Faribault once after a snow storm just to get some First-to-Finds!!! The roads were not even cleared yet...what is normally an hour took about 2 hours!!!
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep thinking of me visiting Mankato last Feb. and wading in waist deep snow to try to find an ammo can. So yeah, stupid things we do for the smilie..
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Would this go under the psychotic caching award sections? Twisted Evil

Just an FYI Nearly Naked has been archived.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Dusting this one off.. Reply with quote

Heading over tomorrow afternoon to spend the night in Faribault as we have a baptism on Sunday. Hope to sneak a few caches in while there, will let you all know how we did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: