MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washington Co Explore Your Parks Day - June 4th 2011

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Oct 2007

Posts: 1991

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Washington Co Explore Your Parks Day - June 4th 2011 Reply with quote

I received this from Washington County Parks. I worked on this originally, but this is quite the drive for me and I'm hoping I can find someone willing to help with this. Sir Z did this last year and I'm sure he'll tell you that it was easy. Smile All that is needed is working a table and talking about geocaching to park visitors for a few hours. Putting on demos is up to you, but just talking about geocaching should be sufficient. There will be many different activity tables for visitors to walk around to. If you are interested please let me know. It's important for us as an org and for all geocachers to keep these relationships with government agencies. Thanks for your consideration.

Quote:

We are again going to try to have an event out at Lake Elmo Park Reserve titled explore your parks day. We would love to invite you and the fellow geocachers out for the day. The event will be held on Saturday, June 4 from 12-3p.m.

Let me know if you are interested and I would be happy to discuss details. One of these years the weather will be nice. We do appreciate your dedication from the past events.

Thanks

Adam Griebie
Washington County Parks
Natural Resource and Program Coordinator

_________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4061

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I protest that Washington County charges a fee to visit their parks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Oct 2007

Posts: 1991

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I protest that Washington County charges a fee to visit their parks.


Yet you completed the St Park challenge?
_________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4061

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
bflentje wrote:
I protest that Washington County charges a fee to visit their parks.


Yet you completed the St Park challenge?


Yeah, twice, crazy huh?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Oct 2007

Posts: 1991

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should point out that admission to the parks are free on this day. So even if you don't want to present, feel free to stop over in the parks and enjoy the various activities.
_________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 30 Jun 2005

Posts: 1768

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
I should point out that admission to the parks are free on this day. So even if you don't want to present, feel free to stop over in the parks and enjoy the various activities.


I was going to say this too...or rather stick it to them by getting in free!

I did this event last year with some other cachers, it rained that day, but we still had a lot of people come out to talk to us, so it ended up being worth it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4061

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
speedysk1 wrote:
I should point out that admission to the parks are free on this day. So even if you don't want to present, feel free to stop over in the parks and enjoy the various activities.


I was going to say this too...or rather stick it to them by getting in free!

I did this event last year with some other cachers, it rained that day, but we still had a lot of people come out to talk to us, so it ended up being worth it.


Now there's an idea.

One of the best things to happen in Dakota County Parks was years ago when they stopped this front gate fee thing, particularly in Lebanon Hills. For this I give them credit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.