MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting April 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Accepting April 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Nominations for April 2011 Cache of the Month are now open (from now till March 31st). For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post with the caches name and what made it so special that you want to nominate it for Cache of the Month!

The weather is starting to get warmer! Those cachers that hibernate will be coming out of the slumber soon and be on the hunt. Let everyone know about those high quality caches that you've found - nominate them for Cache of the Month!

Please note starting with the April Cache of the Month, voting will start immediately at the beginning of the month and run the entire month (no longer starting on the 20th of the month as had been done previously).
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am nominating Dam Good View by RayRoad

One of my caching buddies has already found all active MN caches from 2000, 2001, and 2002. Now he's working on 2003, and sometimes I tag along. We had a group of 5 going after this one, after Breakfast Buddies in Rochester.

It's a ***** terrain, and I think now is the best time to go. We had a blast. Only 51 *finds* in 7-1/2 years. Nobody had been there since last July. A couple trackables are waiting for YOU!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:

One of my caching buddies has already found all active MN caches from 2000, 2001, and 2002. Now he's working on 2003, and sometimes I tag along. We had a group of 5 going after this one, after Breakfast Buddies in Rochester.

It's a ***** terrain, and I think now is the best time to go. We had a blast. Only 51 *finds* in 7-1/2 years. Nobody had been there since last July. A couple trackables are waiting for YOU!

Sounds like a fine adventure. Sounds like a nice way to break in a new kayak this spring.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't actually found the final cache yet, but K0TLG and I are nominating The Rogers Codex by JJnTJ. The cache deserves a nomination based on the puzzle alone. Creating this puzzle must have required a ton of effort, not the least of which was developing a new language. And, at the end of the day, we even learned something practical!
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:

Just did this cache tonight and sat at the top to watch the sun set. It is worth the trip. Definitely worth a COM
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to put up I Can't Drive 75 by gurojo. The fun with this cache is solving the puzzle. Very tricky with multiple layers.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate engima de biblioteca as April Cache of the Month!

This is a wonderfully done field/multi-stage puzzle at the new Plymouth Library. Very gentle puzzle, fun for the kids, and just an all around quality cache. Come get this one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: