MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting March 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Accepting March 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Nominations for March 2011 Cache of the Month are now open (from now till February 28th). For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post with the caches name and what made it so special that you want to nominate it for Cache of the Month!

Found any good caches lately?
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ and I found WestSideDaddy's "Pushmi-Pullyu" (GC2JZJW) this past weekend and really enjoyed the experience.

Some real work went into the hide on this one, and we think it was really well done. I can't go into much detail without spoiling it, but it was a completely unexpected hide!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never too early to get those CotM nominations in! Found a good cache recently (it doesn't have to be a recently placed cache), nominate it for CotM!

Thanks JJnTJ for nominating!
threenow24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll try a nomination. For those looking for a straight-forward ammo can at the end of a fantastic hike I would like to recommend "Crooked Creek Cache". Not as popular as it's nearby neighbor "Lair", this takes you on about a 1.3 mile-long hike up and along a bluff by the Mississippi in the southeast corner of the state. A nice little stroll with great views at the end, with some other interesting waypoints to check out in the cache listing, I think it deserves COTM!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

threenow24 wrote:
Ok, I'll try a nomination. For those looking for a straight-forward ammo can at the end of a fantastic hike I would like to recommend "Crooked Creek Cache". Not as popular as it's nearby neighbor "Lair", this takes you on about a 1.3 mile-long hike up and along a bluff by the Mississippi in the southeast corner of the state. A nice little stroll with great views at the end, with some other interesting waypoints to check out in the cache listing, I think it deserves COTM!

Sweet, I found that one three years ago.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll play as well.

I'd like to nominate K0TLG's creatively done puzzle: GC2NCF7: It's in the Hole! Just the right level of difficulty, and very nicely crafted. Kudos!
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate boonies GC2H86N for cache of the month. The cache affords opportunities for birding, snowmobiling, snowshoe, or just a good fashioned walk.

One of the great things about a cache like this is the stories you get to tell around the campfire!
wayneyboy911
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: March 2011 Cache Of The Month Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate sigilwig44's wheirgo wannabe (GC2NNND) as the March 2011 cache of the month because: it is a good hiding place and how hard it is to get to!! The video is a very clever idea and is a good clue, but not easy. Haha. It's a cool idea to not have to go and get the garmin oregon for $500 to find a cache. VOTE NOW!! [/b]
horse91
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: March 2011 Cache Of The Month Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Sigilwig44's Wheirgo Wannabe (GC2NNND) because I'm new to geocaching, but had to find this after I saw that C&C marked this as his only favorite out of about 2000 finds. This was very creative and deserves cache of the month. Laughing I'm hooked on caching!!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nominations for March Cache of the Month are now closed. A poll will be opened on the 20th of the March and voting will go until the poll closes at the end of the month*. Your nominees are:

GC2JZJW - Pushmi-Pullyu by WestSideDaddy nominated by JJnTJ

TJ and I found WestSideDaddy's "Pushmi-Pullyu" (GC2JZJW) this past weekend and really enjoyed the experience.

Some real work went into the hide on this one, and we think it was really well done. I can't go into much detail without spoiling it, but it was a completely unexpected hide!

GCZXQZ - Crooked Creek Cache by fuzz nominated by threenow24

For those looking for a straight-forward ammo can at the end of a fantastic hike I would like to recommend "Crooked Creek Cache". Not as popular as it's nearby neighbor "Lair", this takes you on about a 1.3 mile-long hike up and along a bluff by the Mississippi in the southeast corner of the state. A nice little stroll with great views at the end, with some other interesting waypoints to check out in the cache listing, I think it deserves COTM!

GC2NCF7 - It's in the hole!!! by K0TLG nominated by Sharknose Bunnies

I'd like to nominate K0TLG's creatively done puzzle: GC2NCF7: It's in the Hole! Just the right level of difficulty, and very nicely crafted. Kudos!

GC2H86N - boonies by AShan nominated by EskoClimber

I would like to nominate boonies GC2H86N for cache of the month. The cache affords opportunities for birding, snowmobiling, snowshoe, or just a good fashioned walk.

One of the great things about a cache like this is the stories you get to tell around the campfire!

GC2NNND - sigilwig44's Wheirgo Wannabe by sigilwig44 nominated by wayneyboy911 and horse91

wayneyboy911 says: I'd like to nominate sigilwig44's wheirgo wannabe (GC2NNND) as the March 2011 cache of the month because: it is a good hiding place and how hard it is to get to!! The video is a very clever idea and is a good clue, but not easy. Haha. It's a cool idea to not have to go and get the garmin oregon for $500 to find a cache. VOTE NOW!!

Horse91 says: I'd like to nominate Sigilwig44's Wheirgo Wannabe (GC2NNND) because I'm new to geocaching, but had to find this after I saw that C&C marked this as his only favorite out of about 2000 finds. This was very creative and deserves cache of the month. I'm hooked on caching!!

*Note due to how the polling works in phpBB (there may be other ways around it that I'm not familiar with) the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there will be some 'bonus' voting time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: