MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Football Madness!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: More Football Madness!! Reply with quote

Hey All,

With the NFL season almost upon us and a HUGE fantasy football league full some of you may be thinking there's no way for me to join the the trash talking fun among cachers... wrong!!

Unveiling for the 2010 season, MnGCA Pro Picks. It's simple and free, and all you have to do is pick who you think will win the football games each week. (Straight up win, no Vegas style point spreads involved) I have set it up so that it will drop your 2 lowest weeks, meaning if you forget to make your weekly picks one week you aren't totally doomed. It's a fun quick way to put your NFL knowledge on display for cachers everywhere to see and admire!

So how do you sign up?

go to Yahoo's fantasy sports page, look for Yahoo Sports Fantasy Pro PickEm

Click on Join a Private League...

League ID is 44281
Password is mngca10

As far as I know there is no limit to the number of players, so the more the merrier!! So come show off your Vegas-like knowledge!!

(PS once you have signed up it takes probably less than 5 minutes once a week to make your picks, so the time commitment is next to nothing)
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds easy enough. Just signed up!
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, but be warned, I do pretty good at these things. We had one set up last year in Iraq, and even though I didn't see too many games when I was over there (due to the time difference, and I was working a 12 hour shift) I was pretty high up on the rankings. Maybe not watching the games and making my rankings solely from foxsports.com is an advantage?
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In it to win it! And, I'm not really worried about losing any kind of football competition to a guy named after a goofy dance! Bring it! Wink
cajun&southern belle
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in. Just signed up. Very Happy
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up and picks made.
ShadowsFriend
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. I did something like this at a job once and I won the whole thing. I even have a method to my madness and it doesn't include watching the games. Very Happy Hopefully it will work this time too.

Thanks for setting this up!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last call to get in from the start!! (Although your 2 lowest weeks are thrown out so in theory you can join as late as week 3 and still be in the hunt)

You have until 6:55 PM to join and make your pick for the Thursday night game... all other picks are due 5 mins before their respective games. (Not responsible for Yahoo crashing at 6:55 when everyone realizes they need to make their picks)

Now if I could only remember who's playing in that game tomorrow...
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed this. I missed the game yesterday, but maybe I can still do okay this week.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I signed up, then imported my picks from another league I'm in (which is a handy feature I might add).

I saved my picks and was done. This was Wednesday I believe.

Thursday I logged in only to have it tell me that for this league I had no picks made. I figured I must have missed hitting the save button or something (which I'm sure I didn't). I reimported my picks again, saved them, then exited the page and came back to it to see if they stuck (which they did).

Today I go in there and again have no picks. I went through the process again - hopefully this time it sticks.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fun. I know there's one game left, but Steffel's got this one in the bag. Congrats! Looking forward to this next fall. Thanks MNMizzou for setting this up.

Cheers!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, thanks MNMizzo for setting this up. I wish my fantasy football team had done as well.

If who I hope wins the last game I've got a puzzle cache that I'll happily need to update. Very Happy
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:
Agreed, thanks MNMizzo for setting this up. I wish my fantasy football team had done as well.

If who I hope wins the last game I've got a puzzle cache that I'll happily need to update. Very Happy

Crap, I better go log that one!
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now what were we planning to watch tonight? synchronized swimming ? Shocked Nope that's not it. equestrian horse riding ? Shocked Naw that can't be it. Oh ya, wasn't there some kind of figure skating competition ? Wait a minute I got it, there's a football game on tonight isn't there? Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Are you ready for some football?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: