MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting February 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Accepting February 2011 Cache Of The Month Nominations Reply with quote

Nominations for February 2011 Cache of the Month are now open (from now till January 31st). For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post with the caches name and what made it so special that you want to nominate it for Cache of the Month!

Get out and enjoy the season!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to get you February Cache of the Month nominations in... just 11 caching days left till nominations close!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Technically I'm not sure if I'm supposed to nominate a cache for CotM since I'm the moderator, plus the fact that I actually have technically found the cache yet [I DNF'd it earlier today]... but this one is just too good.)

I'd like to nominate: GC2FNEN - We Built This City by pfalstad for Cache of the Month.

pfalstad caches are always clever and give you a glimpse into his wit/sense of humor and a lot are innovative and have you wondering "How'd he do that?! " to boot. "We Built This City" does all of that and more. IMO it is an instant classic that people will/should go out of their way to do/see (like Wells Faulgo). Stop what your doing right now and go do this cache!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to pfalstad for

GC2FNEN - We Built This City

which is February 2011 cache of the month.

As described by some slacker cacher who didn't even complete the find: pfalstad caches are always clever and give you a glimpse into his wit/sense of humor and a lot are innovative and have you wondering "How'd he do that?! " to boot. "We Built This City" does all of that and more. IMO it is an instant classic that people will/should go out of their way to do/see (like Wells Faulgo). Stop what your doing right now and go do this cache!

We Built This City is already rockin' with 8 favorites on 10 finds. Pfalstad now has 100% of CotM for 2011 so far! Who will break his streak? Inquiring minds want to know!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:
Congratulations to pfalstad

Two months in a row - congrats!
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to find We Built this City on Sunday and that was a really cool setup. Enjoyed that one!!! Congrats on cache of the month pfalstad.
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also found this very well done and clever puzzle cache. Very cool!
Da Bloodhound
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: COTM Reply with quote

What..........
No need to vote on this????????????
Welcome to the dictatorship!!!!!!!
Again!!!!????

And Paul may very well deserve this, I'd just like the opportunity to vote as I "thought" voting was open till the end of the month??????????
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: COTM Reply with quote

Da Bloodhound wrote:
What..........
Again!!!!????

And Paul may very well deserve this, I'd just like the opportunity to vote as I "thought" voting was open till the end of the month??????????

Seriously, I'm getting tired of this.

There's only one nomination this month. What do you want msteffel to do, have us vote on one cache? He asked for nominations twice in this thread, then posted a nomination TO this thread. Once the end of the month hit there was only one nomination.

If you have a beef with the process, take it up with the board or the moderator or administrator. Putting it in a public forum like this is totally uncalled for.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. February COTM nominations are due by the end of January?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:

Yup:

msteffel wrote:
Nominations for February 2011 Cache of the Month are now open (from now till January 31st).

Nominations occur the month prior, with a vote occurring in that month. This month there was no vote as there was only one nomination to begin with.
Da Bloodhound
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: COTM Reply with quote

Simple
Even if there is only one nomination in January for February voting.
Announce the "winner" at the end of the month like any other election, when the poles close and votes are counted at the end of the month.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: COTM Reply with quote

Da Bloodhound wrote:
What..........
Again!!!!????

Da Bloodhound wrote:
Simple
Announce the "winner" at the end of the month like any other election, when the poles close and votes are counted at the end of the month.

These two quotes are so different it's like they're from two different people.

In one breath you're calling the organization a dictatorship because there was no vote. In the next breath you're complaint is that the winner wasn't announced on the correct day.

Seriously? I wish my day was filled with worries such as this. I do know that this discussion doesn't merit any more of my time.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
WestSideDaddy wrote:

Yup:

msteffel wrote:
Nominations for February 2011 Cache of the Month are now open (from now till January 31st).

Nominations occur the month prior, with a vote occurring in that month. This month there was no vote as there was only one nomination to begin with.

I guess that clears it up a little for me. Every time I see the posts about nominations I'm a little confused.

That also implies I take it, that when I found the cache, or when the cache was placed have no bearing on nominating them. When I first saw the COTM thread, I made the assumption that it was based on when a cache was placed. Thinking that, for example, in February you would vote for caches that were placed in January.

But now it seems clear that it is open to any caches from any time.

Thanks.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: COTM Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Da Bloodhound wrote:
What..........
Again!!!!????

Da Bloodhound wrote:
Simple

These two quotes are so different it's like they're from two different people.

In one breath you're calling the organization a dictatorship because there was no vote. In the next breath you're complaint is that the winner wasn't announced on the correct day.

Seriously? I wish my day was filled with worries such as this. I do know that this discussion doesn't merit any more of my time.

Now now Matt.. you sound like the old Bart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: