MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cache Report

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Cache Report Reply with quote

I wrote this application called Cache Report several months back that takes a Pocket Query GPX file and allows you to simply print out caches in alpha order. No log entries but hints are decoded.

Feel free to give it a try if you want. Pretty simple program.. no features.. what you see is what you get. It served my needs for a while. I'd print out a new report everytime I updated the GPSr and kept it in the car. Cheaper than a PocketPC and GSAK.

You will need the .NET v1.1 framework to run the program. So if you don't already have it you can get that directly from Microsoft.

You can get my Cache Report program from my old consulting website at:
http://www.bitdebris.com/downloads/cachereport.zip

If you download it and use it, all I ask is that you send me a note saying how much it sucks or how cool it is or could be.

Last edited by bflentje on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a classic bait and switch to me. Laughing

Thanks for making this public!!!!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
Sounds like a classic bait and switch to me. Laughing

Thanks for making this public!!!!

No.. I doubt I'll ever get around to build a GSAK-like tool. I've got too many other projects underway right now.

Last edited by bflentje on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Report Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I wrote this application called Cache Report several months back that takes a Pocket Query GPX file and allows you to simply print out caches in alpha order. No log entries but hints are decoded.

Feel free to give it a try if you want. Pretty simple program.. no features.. what you see is what you get. It served my needs for a while. I'd print out a new report everytime I updated the GPSr and kept it in the car. Cheaper than a PocketPC and GSAK.

You will need the .NET v1.1 framework to run the program. So if you don't already have it you can get that directly from Microsoft.

You can get my Cache Report program from my old consulting website at:
http://www.bitdebris.com/downloads/cachereport.zip

If you download it and use it, all I ask is that you send me a note saying how much it sucks or how cool it is or could be.

Cache Report has gone more mainstream and you can read about release 1.2 here at my website: http://www.bitdebris.com/page/Cache-Report.aspx . Also, Groundspeak has just confirmed to me that it is now a Groundspeak approved tool and will be listed on their website after their next release on their approved software page.

I think anyone who has an interest in this software will really enjoy release 1.3 which is user testing right now. Testing should be completed this week when it will be made available for download.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cache Report v1.3 released this evening. You can find more information about it here..

http://www.bitdebris.com/page/Cache-Report.aspx

If you thought the prior releases were just ok, then you should enjoy this release as it makes the tool much more powerful and flexible to use, but still keeping in the original purpose of the tool.
The Hipster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded & purchased today! Thanks for a cool tool Bart.

Everett Gregory McLean aka The Hipster
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hipster wrote:
Downloaded & purchased today! Thanks for a cool tool Bart.

Everett Gregory McLean aka The Hipster

Glad it's something you find useful. I've actually become addicted to my own tool and when I forget to print my Cache Reports, I feel lost out in the field.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cache Report v1.4 has finally been released. You can find more information about it here..

http://www.bitdebris.com/page/Cache-Report.aspx

This release is now compatible with all known versions of GPX including 1.0, 1.0.1, and 1.1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: